Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > Other GasGas Bikes/Quads

Other GasGas Bikes/Quads Trials, Pampera, Wild HP, etc.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:45 AM

Default My Branused (Ferrari) 2004 GG Wild Hp 300

Hi GasGas Rider's Community. I must say Thank you for all the info I was able to find. I had never heard of GasGas before I started looking for a 2-stroke quad for the Dunes somre months back that could hang with my friends yamaha 250 2-stroke which is way faster than his honda trx450 4-stroke. I only wanted a 2-stroke. All I saw was alot of 4-strokes and lots of banshee's some were really nice but cost loot. Then I saw a soon to be mine branused (Ferrari) 2004 GasGas Wild Hp Ec300 2-stroke. It's got everything you could want on a quad, plug and play. I watched it on CL for 3wks while I did my homework on anything GG, scraping the outer edges of the web for any and all info on the Wild Hp and the brand GasGas.I ran across GGRC and found the even thought it's mostly 2-Wheel there's a lot of great info here. I found the manual and parts list also found one for the Enduro 2003-2012 EC200-250-300 parts list and they match engine parts and othe items. So atleast I can keep it running. All else can be found somehow, like take a pen, pad and a tape measure out with you so if you see some part that might work you don't have to guess just ask them first. Then post info on here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00505_6BpiPiuDoTi_600x450.jpg (65.0 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg 00S0S_55WoeSHWazv_600x450.jpg (55.9 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg 00I0I_7z8YIjXYuPn_600x450.jpg (42.9 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg 00f0f_bSVapnK3DpY_600x450.jpg (62.7 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg 00202_7mYDdtmjgwf_600x450.jpg (51.3 KB, 72 views)

Old 03-26-2015, 11:25 AM

Looks nice. Is that a counter balanced engine?

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 03-26-2015, 07:44 PM

This is what I've found. The engine uses a square bore and stroke configuration (72x72mm) for maximum horsepower output. Although the engine does not come equipped with a counterbalancer, it does have an extra weight added to the clutch side of the flywheel to help keep the engine from experiencing any vibration problems. The Gas Gas also comes with its own hydraulic clutch, which makes the clutch action exceedingly easy on the hands.

I had thought it came with it when I was researching, this is the answer I had found a bit ago on another site.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:51 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Nice ride.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.racingquads.com/gasgas_page.html
Old 03-26-2015, 11:54 PM

GasGas 300. First of all, GasGas uses its 299cc, liquid-cooled, power-valved, reed induction two-stroke engine off its popular 300 XC enduro bike. This engine puts out a claimed 49.4 hp at 7,340 rpm.
The engine uses a square bore and stroke configuration (72x72mm) for maximum horsepower output. Although the engine does not come equipped with a counterbalancer, it does have an extra weight added to the clutch side of the flywheel to help keep the engine from experiencing any vibration problems. The Gas Gas also comes with its own hydraulic clutch, which makes the clutch action exceedingly easy on the hands.

A Kokusan digital ignition supplies the spark while a 38mm PWK Keihin carb with a twist grip throttle gets the pre-mix to the cylinder. The power valve on the 300 engine provides maximum low and high rpm power by enabling the port timing to change with the engine rpm.

Housing all this trickery is a frame design that features a detachable rear sub-assembly and a detachable front engine mount. The front detachable frame member allows for easy access to the engine for maintenance, while the rear assembly will allow you to replace the rear subframe rather than have to buy a completely new frame.

The frame itself seems to be based on what the factory?s engineers determined to be the best geometry between a FourTrax 250R, a Laeger, and a Roll chassis. We took out our measuring tapes and recorded a front-end width of 47 inches, a wheelbase of 52, seat height of 32-1/2, and overall length of 77-1/2, with an overall height of 43-1/2 inches.

Sandtech Racing, rider Russ Ramsey riding the 300 GasGas. They are 3rd in points in the expert class. These guys are racing in the Nevada desert and their shortest race has been 260 miles long. They have 1 dnf because Russ got lost then ran out of gas. They finished second in the expert class in a 560-mile race from Reno to Las Vegas on June 27th. That tells you these quads are tough and can go the distance.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...ode=9078&st=HI

The GasGas 300 is kicking some but in the Nevada Desert in the XC races. Sandtech Racing, rider Russ Ramsey riding the 300 GasGas is 3rd in points in the expert class. These guys are racing in the Nevada desert and their shortest race has been 260 miles long. They have 1 dnf because Russ got lost then ran out of gas last week. Their next race is June 27th and it is a 560 mile race from Vegas to Reno.

The guy said the bikes were holding up great.
They have had NO mechanical problems after 1700 race miles so far. The only mods they have done is tune the suspension and port it.

http://atvsource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12796
Old 03-27-2015, 12:10 AM

My last reply was all from the links under each one. The info there was a big factors in my choice to get the quad. I like that the GG is a straight up dirt bike motor. I'm already thinking about getting a 2002-2003 Enduro ec300 so I can keep it in the family and the year for a prized GREEN sticker (all year riding everywhere). Anything newer is a RED sticker and that's seasonal (no summer in most places).