Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Australia & New Zealand

Old 06-05-2014, 04:20 PM

Default NZ\AUS Where are you shopping for your parts?

Hi all
NZ here, AUS input welcome
Wanting to know where people are shopping for their parts...
Most of my parts i have required, i have saved 50% on landed cost from overseas, mainly usa
NZ dealers seem to be expensive, ie.. radiator shrouds $180 exc shipping for one side!!

Maybe im being tight?

Old 06-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Yes,the dealers do seem expensive but I've done the figures also.
If you look on motorcrosscenter's site get price.convert it,add gst(dealer has to pay it) then freight ,you'll find the dealer not far off.
My example:secondary shaft,mcc 105euro=210kd+30gst+20fr=250.The local dealer price was 280 and in stock.He got my cash.
Alot depends on your dealer tho .If he's a tool buy elsewhere.
As for plastics,I think ufo put a whole kit out for that price.

Tight?I dunno.Do you squeak when you walk?
Old 06-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

I like to bulk order from o/s and carry my own spares. Works out more expensive up front, but cheaper in the long run.

Local dealer doesn't carry much stock, has to order (usually 2 day turn around), and charges a tad more. He's a small single man shop and needs to cover his expenses. I'm cool with that and still spend a few dollars here and maintain a solid working relationship. He rides with me, lets me wander around the shop, help out in the workshop (borrow speciality tools etc). All round genuine bloke.

Few other Aussie dealers who are on the game as well and carry more stock. Scottys in Vic and Sydney Bike Shop NSW. Prices are probably on par with what John said above when all is said and done.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasmonkey View Post
Yes,the dealers do seem expensive but I've done the figures also.
If you look on motorcrosscenter's site get price.convert it,add gst(dealer has to pay it) then freight ,you'll find the dealer not far off.
My example:secondary shaft,mcc 105euro=210kd+30gst+20fr=250.The local dealer price was 280 and in stock.He got my cash.
Alot depends on your dealer tho .If he's a tool buy elsewhere.
As for plastics,I think ufo put a whole kit out for that price.
Who do you use in NZ GM?

For me, the problem with ordering from an NZ dealer is the timeframe (not their fault - I don't expect them to stock any non common parts. But Gasgas NZ (Triumph??) takes forever to get the parts to the dealer).

Greenlandmx (Spain) & TrialEnduroDirect (UK) orders generally get here in a week. Postage from UK has been remarkably cheap too, Spain is only worth it for a bulk order.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:23 AM

Some parts here , nothing through dealer just brake pads chains tyres sprockets pistons anything else through gofasters , have good relationship with mark and have family in california who will on send so i don't get pinged for duty
Old 06-06-2014, 02:36 AM

When I was getting parts, I used NV Motorcycles in Morrinsville.
Always prompt responses about parts availability. If it was in stock at their shop of in NZ, then I got it fairly quickly. Well as quick as postage in NZ.
Mostly just the basic consumable, but specific stuff, like gaskets, chain sliders, levers, seals and whatever.

Never been to the shop, never met any of the people. Only dealt with them via email.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpa1 View Post
Hi all
Most of my parts i have required, i have saved 50% on landed cost from overseas, mainly usa
NZ dealers seem to be expensive, ie.. radiator shrouds $180 exc shipping for one side!!

Maybe im being tight?
Most consumables are cross over. DAS in ChCh carries a lot of the other stuff I may need.
My GG is an '09 so I guess parts are potentially more accessible.

What is it that you are after?
Old 06-06-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpa1 View Post
Hi all

Maybe im being tight?
There are sources of aftermerket plastics in NZ. Genuine ones tend to come with decals on, which ramps up the price significantly.

You can use the public sites of some of the suppliers to see if they have a listing for a specific item.
bits4bikes.co.nz
454.co.nz
dirtguide.co.nz

are the public websites of 3 of the largest NZ wholesalers.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:42 PM

Dirt Action Services , speak to linton , they in chch what he don't know about gg ain't worth knowing !!!
Old 08-03-2014, 07:30 PM

I go directly through the aussie importer now, Jeff Geeson.
order over the phone and landed in West Oz within 2 days - carry's most of the breakable stuff now, and will have an itemised website up withi a few months. Great to deal with too!