Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Classified Advertisements > Parts

Parts New/Used Components and All Bike Part Outs

Old 07-06-2015, 10:44 AM

Default '01 ec200 parts + supermoto wheels in UK

Sadly due to frame rust issues, I've decided my only option is to break my 2001 ec200 for parts. Whilst I've mostly lurked on this forum, I have found it very useful, so figured I'd offer you guys first refusal before eBay on the parts.

I have got the complete bike, so feel free to ask about specific parts (or even make an offer on the whole thing?) but I've picked out some parts here that I think specifically might be of use to people. Collection from south Birmingham is preferable for the larger items, but I can look into postage costs if needs be.

The supermoto wheels are Talon hubs with Excell rims and have got the right spacers and bearings combo to fit a Gas Gas EC series bike. The tyres are Goldspeed Street Sport Ultra, with loads of life in them. The brake side rear bearing isn't great but works, all the others are good. I think ?400 is fair for these?

The original Ec200 wheels are in good working order, if cosmetically aren't great. All bearings are good and the tyres seem to have some life left in them yet. ?100?

All the other parts I'm unsure of a value to ask for, so offers? I'm not looking for big money just to recoup a little of my losses!

Front brake in good working order with recent new braided hose.
Rear brake in good working order.
Clutch master and slave, good working order but lever blade has been repaired in the past.
Ohlins rear shock in good working order.
Swing arm in good working order with reasonable bearings.
Radiators in good working order, though some damage to fins around mounting points.
Carb + throttle

The engine might be of use to someone but requires a little more explaining. I initially discovered the rust on the frame while I was pulling the engine out to look into a running issue. The running issue turned out to be cracked reeds, but having found the rust I haven't replaced them. After finding the reed damage I pulled the top end to check it was all ok, the piston and rings have done ~80 hours, so I would suggest they need changing before running the engine again.
I had the barrel replated ~80 hours ago and its in good condition. I also rebuilt the bottom end at the same time with new bearings and seals. Unfortunately the crank shows some wear common to the '01 engines, it can slide side to side in the bearings. There is minimal radial play at the stator side, and no play at the clutch side, it has been like this the entire time I've owned the bike. I've got the messico pipe to go with the engine but it's not pretty and has been repaired a few times so would consider it a freebie!

There's a few more pictures at : http://s199.photobucket.com/user/ste...?sort=3&page=1

Old 07-06-2015, 11:46 AM

Wow, frame rust? Do you have a picture of that? Good luck with the sale.
16' Specialized Fatboy trail
02' ZRX 1200r R.I.P.
72' Olds 500ci, Batten Heads, Street/Drag car, former CarCraft magazine centerfold (has-been)
15' TW200
Old 07-06-2015, 02:35 PM

I've started a new thread about the rust to keep this one clean It was a very much unwanted shock!

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...888#post154888
Old 09-04-2015, 02:17 PM

Looking for a complete ignition for my 300 including the flywheel, I'd be interested if price was right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2015, 12:13 PM

Hi mate, if you have no luck selling the wheels put them on everything supermoto uk page on Facebook, they will go quick, seen a few people on there looking for Gasgas wheels.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:17 PM

Default Wheels

Have the supo motor wheels gone
Old 10-07-2015, 04:41 PM

Is the engine still for sale
Old 10-08-2015, 07:18 PM

How much for the crankshaft assembly? OR the whole bottom end?