Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Classified Advertisements > Used Bikes

Used Bikes Used Bikes For Sale - No Part Outs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2018, 09:51 AM

Default Old Geezer selling his 2001 EC300 ETC

Thought I'd ask on here first before I venture into the sellers swamp commonly known as e-bay !!

I have a 2001 EC300 road legal in Red/White that I've been building for the last 4 or 5 years and its nearly finished lol,What started off as a 2001 EC250 off the "swamp"minus its engine I thought I'd found a home for a TE410 engine unit+Dual exhausts I'd had kicking about in the workshop forever,

It turns out before I left Kent with my Dave Cooper Rack and drove to Newcastle I should have at least got the tape measure out and measured shit first !!
Any of you not bored yet by this post and moved on will like this next few lines,

A week later on the "swamp" some one else's misery was my fortune,
A complete 2003 EC300 minus Frame/Forks/Exhaust/RHD Rad,
Won the auction (no one else bid)and off to Middlesboro we go,turns out the guy who I reckon was older than(me an I'm 60)had only had it a week when he happened to come across an old dear on the wrong side of the rode and t-boned her Micra.

Said to much but hey ho thats me "Heart on my Sleeve"theres a lot more to say if anybody wants to read but Bottom line is I've got all the above and some Husky TE610 stuff..
Cant be arsed to sell everthing seperately would rather sell in one,

2001 EC300 with 03 engine starts first kick(once I'd lurked on here for a few days to find out why it would'nt tick over),thankyou to everyone who gives top advice within this forum)
I gave all the suspension I had 2 rear Ohlins,WP forks and a pair of Shivers to Perry Leisk at HM Racing Edenbridge not only is he 4 X fourstroke MX World Champion hes a Ohlins guru,plus my oldest runs the Dyno in between building sick BSB race bikes so I get discount
He advised the WP are worn so he resealed the Husky forks and they r fitted,rear 2001 shock completely rebuilt/regassed fitted2003 Ohlin rear differant fitting so he just regassed(in the cupboard)
Sourced all the other bits online except the RHD rad(to test it would fire up I used an old 1985 KX500 rad)
2xdent free exhausts FMF Gnarly/E-line Carbon Protector and stock one
Spare 2003 Blue bodywork incuding seatspare wheels/brakes/swing arm footpegs foot controls,

Not sure what I want for it all but I'm neither greedy nor a fool so I'm all ears

Regards Sandro

Any negative comments keep to yourselves I'm old I've heard um before