Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Australia & New Zealand

Old 11-29-2014, 01:26 PM

If you ever break the plastic sub frame I have an unwanted one

Old 11-29-2014, 02:06 PM

Awesome, did you swap out an alloy one?
Old 11-30-2014, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chchnick View Post
Went for a quick run in today, three heat cycles. Checked fluids etc. Will go out again tomorrow and one light ride, then will open her up. Feels like a nice bike, a bit more time and we will be inseparable.
Looks like you are from ChCh as well, should hook up some time for a skid. I usually hit up McCleans Island network.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:16 AM

yup sure am, dont usually do mcleans anymore. find it quite lacking in so many ways. we do most of the organised trail rides and black ride in greta valley.
if tht sounds like you give me a buzz
Old 11-30-2014, 06:03 AM

Quote:
the stock skid plate is ok, but id like some protection for the water puup cover etc. i see most guys use the carbon pipe gaurds. the force braces seem ok but how do they hold up on side impct?
All the bikes I have bought new I have put a few hours on them then ridden them how I want to ride them. That way you can find any flaws while it is still under warranty. Change the oil though and keep check of what's coming out.
Then take it for its first service but shhhhhh!
Old 11-30-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Awesome, did you swap out an alloy one?
Yes I bought my bike when living in USA , gofasters doing good deal on changing it out so was a no brainer
Old 12-01-2014, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2taddict View Post
All the bikes I have bought new I have put a few hours on them then ridden them how I want to ride them. That way you can find any flaws while it is still under warranty. Change the oil though and keep check of what's coming out.
Then take it for its first service but shhhhhh!
ive put 1.5 hours on it in cycles. the last 15 min i rode it how i would have my 450. shes a screamer
Old 12-01-2014, 01:15 AM

Fitted the force guards, not too bad of a fit. Only issue is that the top rad shroud mount doesn't go all the way home into the rubber grommet as the guards are a fraction too wide and push the centre of the shrouds out. No biggie really
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141130_183755.jpg (109.3 KB, 29 views)
Old 12-01-2014, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

You can replace the gromets with tighter ones, but best bet is simply to reshape/trim the plastic fin on the inside of the shroud. If you have a look you'll see where it contacts the guard.

Just out of curiosity, on the force you received, did they still use the oem rubber gromet with brass insert to mount the shroud, or have they tapped the guard itself?
Old 12-01-2014, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
You can replace the gromets with tighter ones, but best bet is simply to reshape/trim the plastic fin on the inside of the shroud. If you have a look you'll see where it contacts the guard.

Just out of curiosity, on the force you received, did they still use the oem rubber gromet with brass insert to mount the shroud, or have they tapped the guard itself?
Still using the factory plastic insert, I'll trim the inner ribs of shroud even though I gate filing or trimming new parts but I'm pretty fussy.

Other issue is the clutch needs a bleed as it goes spongy on the lever and clutch is still partially engaged with the leaver pulled in causing the bike to stall out. Was going to bleed it myself but the dealer wants to do it as it's brand new, shouldn't be fixing up set up issues etc.

On a side note, my brother has a 14 factory replica with the rieger rear, the stock spring is too light for him (roughly 90-95kg) what rate Springs are available for that shock? Hard to get here in nz.