Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Australia & New Zealand

Old 04-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

The guy who bought my old 2002 ec300 went to tussock & buried it in one of rivers with the throttle open.Once he was able to borrow a plug spanner(yeah, no tools.A bit new to trail rides) he had it going again in 30min.
+1 for 2 strokes.
Still pissed I missed it.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:25 PM

Having done TB twice before, I decided against going again, mainly for the fact that imo most of the riding was pretty same same. Im more of forest kinda guy so I chose desert storm over tussock, but from the sound of things from mates who went to TB they put in a whole lot more tracks, that or renamed them.

Im looking forward to desert storm in the winter personally, Those tracks were awesome when I got some clear air, not very often, I imagine it will be a whole other ball game in the winter, super loamy, bogs !!! and cold. A mate and I had a go at seeing how far towards the mountain we could go, was a good adventure, needed more fuel though..
Old 04-01-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
The guy who bought my old 2002 ec300 went to tussock & buried it in one of rivers with the throttle open.Once he was able to borrow a plug spanner(yeah, no tools.A bit new to trail rides) he had it going again in 30min.
+1 for 2 strokes.
Still pissed I missed it.
Hey, that was my plug spanner (all the way from Aus!) Tell him I want it back please - I will very much appreciate it if you can - I went looking for him at the camp site without any luck. BTW his GG was completely flooded. Looked like a waterpump once we removed the plug! Next year you are welcome to drive down with me if you wish (company petrol - so no charge ).
Old 04-04-2011, 02:44 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Send me your delivery address & I will get it returned.He didn't realise it has a crank drain as well.Does a dunking have longer term affects on internal bearings?
A gasser convoy! We can drive in & park in a circle to fend off the orange hoard.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:05 AM

Thanks! Send you a PM. Yep will be good to have a few Gassers together at the next one - was mostly a see of Red and Orange this year.

Also see that GG is getting pretty good coverage in this months DRD magazine - they love the 300 e-start.

Dropped forks at Norm this morning - what a professional he is - I feel 100% confident that they will be better once I get them back on - will maybe have to go for a quick blast at Sandpit this weekend...
Old 04-07-2011, 11:09 PM

Update:

Got forks back from Norm today. Told me that the shim setup was so hard (i.e all 0.2mm shims, and lots of them), that it was almost not even funny. Said build quality of the forks were very good, but just could not grasp how it could come out the factory with such a setup. This makes me happy . There is hope I will get them dialed in for my general weekend warrior riding without losing my arms again. Thoroughly recommend Norm to anyone in NZ - he is a wise man when it comes to suspension - and he does not charge you an arm and a leg.

Test ride this weekend...
Old 04-08-2011, 11:52 PM

Update 2:

Ok - I have been an idiot not doing this earlier . Forks are amazing. Norm surely did his magic well. My GG is transformed into a sofa on wheels that goes like a rocket - no arm pump. Love Sachs now. Very happy . Only think left id to get a 5.6 spring for my back end.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Glad to hear that - great result, and so simple. I sometimes wonder at the endless threads and constant complaints about various forks. You have proven that all you need is someone who knows what they are doing to revalve them. Problem solved.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:54 AM

How much did he charge for the fork work?
Old 04-10-2011, 02:25 PM

$110 - best dollars I have spend on my GG to date. For this he completely stripped the fork, revalved the stack (he also had to make 7mm shims), re-assembled and filled with new oil. Also gave me lots of info etc about general setup and fork maintenance. Great service.