Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:05 PM

Default EC250 - Best Clutch Kit

So it's 2018; what's the consensus these days on the best clutch replacement options? Bike is a 2011 EC250.

Mine is on it's last legs (just barely engages at the very end of the lever stroke), and I need to get something ordered to replace it. Gonna get new steels and all.

With my previous bikes (Hondas), the advice was almost always to stick with OEM. I did, and have always had great luck.

Is OEM the way to go here also? The OEM clutch feels amazing, probably as good as any bike I've ever ridden. My only concern is that if the previous owner told the truth about how many hours were on the bike when I bought it, then it only lasted ~75 hours, which isn't that great in my opinion for a $200 clutch kit.

I've read a bunch about the CR250R clutch swap, but I'm still not exactly sure what the advantage is there. An OEM Honda CR250R clutch kit is only a few bucks cheaper that the OEM GG kit, certainly not enough for the extra time and headache it'll take me to sort everything out. Unless I'm missing something here?

All advice welcome.

Thanks!

Old 04-10-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky98gt View Post
So it's 2018; what's the consensus these days on the best clutch replacement options? Bike is a 2011 EC250.

Mine is on it's last legs (just barely engages at the very end of the lever stroke), and I need to get something ordered to replace it. Gonna get new steels and all.

With my previous bikes (Hondas), the advice was almost always to stick with OEM. I did, and have always had great luck.

Is OEM the way to go here also? The OEM clutch feels amazing, probably as good as any bike I've ever ridden. My only concern is that if the previous owner told the truth about how many hours were on the bike when I bought it, then it only lasted ~75 hours, which isn't that great in my opinion for a $200 clutch kit.

I've read a bunch about the CR250R clutch swap, but I'm still not exactly sure what the advantage is there. An OEM Honda CR250R clutch kit is only a few bucks cheaper that the OEM GG kit, certainly not enough for the extra time and headache it'll take me to sort everything out. Unless I'm missing something here?

All advice welcome.

Thanks!

People used the Honda clutches back when GoFasters was the only place in America to get parts. The OEM clutch is very a very good option. I know Budd Matto At gasgaspartsguy.com has a couple of aftermarket clutch kits on his website. If you really want the best feeling, longest lasting clutch, order a Rekluse manual clutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2018, 07:59 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
People used the Honda clutches back when GoFasters was the only place in America to get parts. The OEM clutch is very a very good option. I know Budd Matto At gasgaspartsguy.com has a couple of aftermarket clutch kits on his website. If you really want the best feeling, longest lasting clutch, order a Rekluse manual clutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If your baskets are worn the Rekluse manual would be the best choice.
The OEM is very good. I would shy away from aftermarket kits, never had any good results.