Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 11-10-2010, 09:39 PM

I'm not normally down that way, and I ended up riding with the XC250 guy mostly because I was about the same speed as his friends.

Most of the guys I know up here are a lot faster than I am, so the folks I knew at the ride, I let them ride their pace. I'm still recovering from a broken thumb at Hancock in August, so I started out both days taking it easy, and picked up the pace as the day went on.

GMP, I did talk to your nephew in the field before the start. I think mine was the only 200 there, so if you saw a 200 it was me. Mike Lafferty passed me just before that firecut. He cut through the brush and came out in front of me with the bike in the air, sideways, already leaned over to take the next turn.

I did bash a tree on Sunday and break off the mountings for the left side radiator shroud. I guess it's time to order a new set.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:10 AM

Its good riding with slightly faster guys, thats how you get faster. The key is knowing just how much to push the envelope and when to stop before bad things happen. Do you know Bill from CATRA? He is a member here(woodsrider) but has been quiet lately.

Yes, you were at the truck in the AM with the 200, original '99 graphics right? I remembered that.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:25 AM

The key there is _slightly_ faster. Too much faster, and I just start to do stupid things and hurt myself.

Yup, 99 with the original graphics. I'm not sure if the graphics are still available, but I need to replace both radiator shrouds now. Calling GoFasters this afternoon.

I do know Bill (Woodsrider), and it's his fault that I'm a CATRA member, and that I ride a GasGas. He recently moved to the Seattle area with his family to take care of his mother and follow a job opportunity. I miss chasing him on the trails.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:33 PM

I counted three yellow, three red and a black gasgas. Size may be color related but not always. But the most GG bikes I have seen at one event in a while. Hopefully next year I'll be back on a smoker. Got all winter to mess with the 97 and decide if I want a new 250 or 300 to play with.
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 11-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Maybe I should try to get down there new year.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:22 PM

Ed,

This was great, so glad I went. I had done another South Jersey DS ride a few years back and it was lame, so originally I wasn't too enthused. My brother and buddy went to the Hammer two years ago when I was hurt and loved it. Its like a fast flowing enduro with no checks, what you would expect a serious club to put together. All the good fun stuff about South Jersey with just a taste of the tight and whoops every now and then. Forget the big heavy 4 stroke DS bikes your DE250 is the perfect bike for this. The pinelands are a lot nicer in Nov than summer too. Mark it down, next year I'll go both days and bring my camper.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:27 PM

Told you Glenn!
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 11-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Sounds great. Last weekend I did the KPTR A1A Turkey Run in Wrentham MA. Another great ride, and also like a checkless enduro.

I am seriously thinking of coming down next year. With my sister-i-law in the area, makes an easy sell to bring the family.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:26 AM

It is simply the most fun trails jersey has to offer,, there is sand but most of the area has this stuff on the ground,, some call it loam or dirt. I've sean traces of this between our mud puddles and between our rocks up here.. but no where near the abundance of what they have down there.. Gas stops seam to be about 30 mile intervals so the average 2-2.5 g tank doesnt have issue. I never hit reserve and saturday I missed the first gas stop due to playing catch up as I had a start issue at the gate.. My kill switch stuck down on my Baja design t/s switch. Once started I went out and skipped a couple hero's to get back with a group I knew.. Rode behind Laferty a bit on saturday, He was tooling around with his girl on the back of his husy,, and We saw a bald eagle up close.. Check out the hammer run thread over on advrider.. its like 8-9 pages now..
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 11-13-2010, 09:41 AM

Default hammer run

Glad everyone had a great time...the club works really hard on this event and it is quickly becoming our premier event.

Mark it down it will be a great time. We had 624 total riders this year and we our always looking to make the event better and more people!

I saw several Gassers also I have a black 2010 300 and a guy in our club has a 2002 yellow 200.

If you guys want to see anything different next year let me know and we will see what we can do...

cheers,

Rick

2011 Beta 400 RR (sorry )
2010 GAS GAS XC 300
2007 KTM 200 XC