Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:23 AM

Default rekluse core exp setup?

hi all i got my exp installed last night. With plates broken in i set gap to 1.3 turns. When i click it into first gear it clunks. It also creeps foreword slightly with clutch pulled in. Any ideas? It was too late to keep at it.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:33 PM

I have put in a few Reluse products, and put a CORE EXP into my 2011 e00 just last week. It seemed to go in ez. So I would do the basics like make sure the hydraulics are working properly, thrust washer went back in, correct number and order of discs, etc. I am using the needle bearing lifter supplied in the kit. Provided everything else is correct, then it sounds like you don't get enough throw when you pull in the clutch lever. Pull the clutch cover plate off and pull in the clutch lever, the pressure plate should move out quite a bit. I don't have a spec. on how much. I would look at doing things to make it move out far enough to disengage even when the rekluse disc is spinning and fat. Also, make sure the 1turn 3clicks is being done. Mine clunks and the bike jumps forward 2-3 inches when shifting from n to 1. This does not happen if I pull in the clutch.

Also, call Rekluse, they are great

Good luck. These bike are unstoppable with the Rekluse!
Old 03-14-2011, 05:05 AM

Thanks, seems like it needed a bit of bedding in. I have readjusted it to 1.2 turns in from the starting point and it seems to run great. I have ordered a new set of fibers as well. Does anyone know if the 05-09 fibers work in the 2010?