Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:12 PM

Default 2007 Ec 200 Update

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give an update on my bike set-up.

I have change the gearing to 12-52.
added a rekluse clutch
LTR power valve cover and everything else that Les makes
leaned out the jetting, pilot and main 1 size down
LTR suspension valving with stock rear spring.

Well the bike is awesome! Everyone has been asking to tell the truth and so hear you go.

My GasGas is better in the rocks than my KTM and I never thought that I would be making that statement. At last weeks enduro I was lucky enough to ride 1/2 of the day with my good friend Brooks Hamilton (the reigning New England Enduro Champ) and even he couldn't believe just how good the bike went through the rocks. Did I mention that he is the KTM rep for the east coast regional area! For him to say just how good the bike looked in the rocks, that is a major compliment to GasGas. Well I ended up 3rd overall which was better than even I expected and it was the first time that I had ever ridden the GasGas in New England. Heck it was the first time that I had ever ridden that bike...race day only!

My national bike is set up the same exact way with the exception of jetting changes and 12-50 gearing. I finished 4th in the E-2 class at the NJ Qualifier 17th overall and 1st in Texas at Rd #4 of the national enduro series 28th overall. The more that I ride the bike, the better that I feel on it. The GasGas has so much more mid and top end than my KTM had that I can change the gearing and still have plenty of power in both areas. I am hoping for really good things this year and I believe that I can achieve everything with a GasGas under me. Go-fasters has been a big help and have given me a chance to show them what I have left at 40 yrs young. My teammate Jim Senecal has been awesome to race and travel with. I have been surrounded by great people like Robby,Girard, Curt, and Rich on the National Series and all of my regular supporters, Gary,Pete,Chris, Brian and our new dealer Ron "RED" Brundridge from DIRT WORLD CYCLES. I couldn't ask for a better opportunity then what I have now. Oh yea I forgot to thank my sweetheart, Ann, who stays home and keeps my daughter entertained while I'm off traveling around the country chasing my dream!

Billy Burns

Old 05-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Site Sponsor

Billy in action at the New Jersey Qualifier

http://berkyboy.smugmug.com/gallery/...84_f4zPb/Large

in action at the Texas National Enduro

http://berkyboy.smugmug.com/gallery/...27_L4CBc/Large

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist
Old 05-15-2008, 01:18 PM

Billy,
Just wondering why you chose the 200 as your race bike. Less fatigue? Do you think you are as fast on it as you would be on a 250?
Old 05-15-2008, 01:23 PM

You look a bit timid at that hill in Texas and there's not even any rocks !
LOL,JK !
Nice job last weekend. That was a fun course. I bet you wish you could race the Nat'l boys on your home rocks ?
Old 05-15-2008, 01:26 PM

Great update, glad it's working out so well for you. It's a great dream to be living in...especially at 40 YO.

Ohlins or Sachs rear shock?

I was STOKED to see you got 3rd overall at the Tri Sate enduro last Sunday. Great job.

All you guys have done really well and seem to improve in the results with every ride, your doing Gas Gas proud. keep up the good work and stay healthy.

Skidad in MA
Old 05-15-2008, 03:30 PM

FYI

Steve Berkner and Mark Berg are GO-FASTERS and they are the guys that have been carting our bikes around to the Nationals and Qualifier. This really is a team effort from our families at home to our new friends on the circut all the way back to the guys in the shop that work on the bikes. Jim and I are truely lucky and our goal is still the same! We just want to represent Go-Fasters, GasGas and New England in the most positive way that we can! I hope that we can carry the New England torch and make everyone back home proud of the effort we are putting in.

Thank you to every one of our sponsors!

If you ride a GasGas please try the following products, not only do they work but they really help too!

Twin air filter cages and filters
FMF exhausts
IMS pro series foot pegs
BRP triple clamps
Scotts stabilizers
LTR racing
Rekluse Clutches
Klim Gear-simply the best!
Hyde skid plates
Spectro Oil
Dirt Tick Sprockets (ironman) The best!
PG graphics
Factory Connection
Sidi Boots-expensive but worth every penny!
NewEngland Dunlop 803 rear trials tire, 739FA front (with bibs)
National-Michelin tires (with bibs)
Eline- carbon pipe guard
Fasst Co- flex-bars The best investment to take away arm pump!
Watch dog enduro computers
Underground Racing-thanks Ryan

Call Go-Fasters 1-877-363-8767
Red @ Dirt World for New England Area 1-518-663-5000

I'm sure that I missed someone but I will work on my list! I couldn't do it without the help from my sponsors!

Thank you,
Billy
Old 05-15-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
Great update, glad it's working out so well for you. It's a great dream to be living in...especially at 40 YO.

Ohlins or Sachs rear shock?

I was STOKED to see you got 3rd overall at the Tri Sate enduro last Sunday. Great job.

All you guys have done really well and seem to improve in the results with every ride, your doing Gas Gas proud. keep up the good work and stay healthy.

Skidad in MA
I have the Ohlins rear shock. I run the stock 5.0 spring and the bike is great!
Old 05-15-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYBURNS View Post
FYI

Steve Berkner and Mark Berg are GO-FASTERS and they are the guys that have been carting our bikes around to the Nationals and Qualifier. This really is a team effort from our families at home to our new friends on the circut all the way back to the guys in the shop that work on the bikes. Jim and I are truely lucky and our goal is still the same! We just want to represent Go-Fasters, GasGas and New England in the most positive way that we can! I hope that we can carry the New England torch and make everyone back home proud of the effort we are putting in.

Thank you to every one of our sponsors!

If you ride a GasGas please try the following products, not only do they work but they really help too!

Twin air filter cages and filters
FMF exhausts
IMS pro series foot pegs
BRP triple clamps
Scotts stabilizers
LTR racing
Rekluse Clutches
Klim Gear-simply the best!
Hyde skid plates
Spectro Oil
Dirt Tick Sprockets (ironman) The best!
PG graphics
Factory Connection
Sidi Boots-expensive but worth every penny!
NewEngland Dunlop 803 rear trials tire, 739FA front (with bibs)
National-Michelin tires (with bibs)
Eline- carbon pipe guard
Fasst Co- flex-bars The best investment to take away arm pump!
Watch dog enduro computers
Underground Racing-thanks Ryan

Call Go-Fasters 1-877-363-8767
Red @ Dirt World for New England Area 1-518-663-5000

I'm sure that I missed someone but I will work on my list! I couldn't do it without the help from my sponsors!

Thank you,
Billy
Add on to the list

Galfer Brakes
Regina Chains
Old 05-15-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey11 View Post
Billy,
Just wondering why you chose the 200 as your race bike. Less fatigue? Do you think you are as fast on it as you would be on a 250?
I guess he missed this. He's been on a 200 as long as I've known him, except for a brief try on a 250F. This is his 1st year on a GG and I still can't believe it. I thought he was orange for life. Of course...he could smoke me on a Rupp.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
I guess he missed this. He's been on a 200 as long as I've known him, except for a brief try on a 250F. This is his 1st year on a GG and I still can't believe it. I thought he was orange for life. Of course...he could smoke me on a Rupp.
I did miss it. I just love the 200 power. Very smooth, doesn't rip my armsoff. Probably even more important to me is that the 200 is so forgiving. If I hit a tree or deflect off a rock the power doesn't get away from me. I can ride the bike hard all day with alot less fatigue. I have a trick that I have used on my KTM's in the past to detune the motor and make the power much more like a 4 stroke. On my GG all I wanted was more hit down low,the rest of the power was amazing so I was ahead of the game from the start. I believe that the GG EC200 really suites my riding style better then the KTM did. Now I just want to stay consistant and injury free. I know that my GG bikes set-ups are near perfect!