Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:12 PM

True on the fuel difference. Just be careful, and start/err on the rich side.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:56 AM

Thanks, Is the JD Blue out of a suzuki? How do I get hold of one? I went onto Power Sports Plus but I can't find it.

Do i need to contact a suzuki deaker? I know they will ask me what bike its for.

I got my needles today and so i tried this set up;

NEDW #3
MJ 175
PJ 45
A/S varied from 1.5 thru to 2.5

I would have run a 40 pilot but I don't have one yet. Anyway it idled ok until I turned the handle bars, hard lock to the left the revs go up! So I adjusted the throttle cable off a bit, D'oh, it won't idle now! I know the setup might not be spot on and I will have to try other things but the throttle cable shouldn't effect the idle. Sorry guys just another issue.

FYI, I am running 100% octane fuel
Old 06-18-2012, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

JD needles are JD needles. Google JD jetting kits and you'll find them. They cost $$$.

The revs changing with the bars means somethings not right with the cable. Its either routed icorrebclty or binding on something.

The idle screw sets the slide height and then the cable clips into the slide and lifts the slide when you turn the throttle. If its binding or too short, then turning the bars will still pull the cable, raise the slide and make the engine race. It sounds like you've worked out the free slack so now you need to use the idle screw to lift the slide to get an idle.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:56 PM

'03 EC250

CCK #2
1 1/2 turns out
#8 slide

NIRVANA

Runs crisp off bottom (35 pilot is key) and smooth transition to mid-top (CCK is key). Getting over 70 miles on the 2.9 tank!

Plug is perfect tan

500-4000 ft. elevation.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firffighter View Post
'03 EC250

CCK #2
1 1/2 turns out
#8 slide

NIRVANA

Runs crisp off bottom (35 pilot is key) and smooth transition to mid-top (CCK is key). Getting over 70 miles on the 2.9 tank!

Plug is perfect tan

500-4000 ft. elevation.
I have a #7 slide, is it worth trying this set up with my #7
Old 06-20-2012, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

IMO the 250 will work well with the #7 slide.

Seeing as you already have a few needles I'd start with the baselines you have. Set the idle up as described, move on to clip position, and then main jet.

The straight taper needles are easy to tune with as they have less variables, but imo they are fuel hungry and come at the cost of economy. Better results elsewhere.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
IMO the 250 will work well with the #7 slide.

Seeing as you already have a few needles I'd start with the baselines you have. Set the idle up as described, move on to clip position, and then main jet.

The straight taper needles are easy to tune with as they have less variables, but imo they are fuel hungry and come at the cost of economy. Better results elsewhere.
Thanks, I am glad you think the #7 works best, I don't won't to buy any more carb parts. I am trying to get hold of a JD blue needle, no luck yet. I looked at the JD website but it seems I have to buy a full kit not just one needle. I have just been reading a thread about how the CDI on my bike could be the issue. How much do they cost? And where would I get one from?
Old 06-20-2012, 06:42 AM

is there somewhere an overview what which needles and which slides does or is there a genaral rule?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:26 AM

Hi tim,
i would be a little careful about following what others are using in different countrys too, lots of different fuels, this will change jetting alot.
you have plenty of needles to play with to get your bike going well, follow the process as described by jakobi, (thanks for that by the way, cleared a few questions in my head.) and you will work out what is best for your bike...
and if you want, for comparison, as im just over in central victoria, riding similar altitudes, temps and weather, and fuel...
09 250r (with the older scew top carb)
40pj although im going to try a 42 yet.
NEDW 2nd clip
178 main
7 slide.
air screw is at the moment on about 1 turn but i keep playing with it and hence my wish to try a 42pj..
i cant say its perfect, but its bloody close...

dont worry about your cdi or anything yet, try your jetting first...
good luck.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:33 PM

theexception,

Yes, it will work just as well with the #7 slide. My brother owns the same bike and has the same jetting except with the #7 slide and his runs just as well.

It really is perfectly jetted and you can simply run a gear high all of the time with no problem. It runs very similar to my 300 that way, but if you want a quicker response, just shift down a gear. Awesome!