Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:41 PM

Default Raceready conrod kit

Doing a rebuild on my 2007 EC250. Does anybody know anything about "raceready" conrod kits. They seem a lot cheaper than others available here in NZ.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubby View Post
Doing a rebuild on my 2007 EC250. Does anybody know anything about "raceready" conrod kits. They seem a lot cheaper than others available here in NZ.
I assume you're talking about motocrossparts.co.nz, my opinion on them is that they sell some good stuff, like wossner pistons, and some cheaper stuff.
I haven't heard of that brand, and I work in the industry.
Whether it is bad quality I don't know as ive never used Raceready parts before. They say they will warranty faulty parts, and my experience with them on that side has been very good, always answered questions and when something wasn't quite right they refunded me promptly without any questions.

However, it is ~ half the price of a hotrods rod kit, which for reference is $230 RRP.
I don't have a problem using their Wossner pistons too, in case you are considering one of them.

Also, just so you know, they are listing the 81-01 CR250 rod kit for the gasgas, which as far as I know is a correct cross over for the 200/250/300.
If you would like any help finding other stuff in NZ, give me a yell.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:40 PM

Sorry don't know how to post a link, but they are available from motocrossparts.co.nz
Old 07-04-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Sorry don't know how to post a link, but they are available from motocrossparts.co.nz
Check out my edit above
Old 07-04-2012, 08:49 PM

Just read your edited message, I will see if I can find out anything further. I will be getting a Wossner piston from them. I have also used them before and always had good service. Do you know a source of a gasket set other than the dealer, I can get one out of the UK cheaper than from the dealer here but would rather buy locally if possible.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Just read your edited message, I will see if I can find out anything further. I will be getting a Wossner piston from them. I have also used them before and always had good service. Do you know a source of a gasket set other than the dealer, I can get one out of the UK cheaper than from the dealer here but would rather buy locally if possible.
No sorry, one of the distributors lists gaskets, but they have been out of stock and 'on order' for a while now.

I never thought they were that expensive. This is how much they were when I needed them last time I did a rebuild, thats well on par with suzuki, kawasaki, and ktm.
ME25644010 - 0.15 cylinder base gasket $10.15
ME25644000 - 0.5 cylinder base gasket $15.29
ME25644009 - 0.3 cylinder base gasket. $10.15
ME25916065 - inner cylinder head o ring $6.95
M01619135 - outer cylinder head o ring $6.90

I use NV motorcycles in Morrnisville, and they are always prompt with responding to emails and sending out parts. They seem to have quite a bit in stock too.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:06 PM

Thanks for that. I am after a full gasket set as I have split the cases as doing main bearings etc. Was quoted $160 for a full set from dealer in Dunedin, but can get one landed here ex UK for $116 so guess I will go for that.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks for that. I am after a full gasket set as I have split the cases as doing main bearings etc. Was quoted $160 for a full set from dealer in Dunedin, but can get one landed here ex UK for $116 so guess I will go for that.
Oh right, yes, fair enough.