Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 01-30-2011, 02:58 PM

Default GG sprag starter clutch and Ducati crossover

I've read thru most of the sparce posts re: starter clutch problems and still have some questions.

Of my three 2004 FSEs 1 has the 33mm flywheel and the other 2 have the Ducati with the 30mm thread puller. So my first question would be is could I get some info on what Ducati this flywheel and sprag these come from?

I have just visited the Ducati site and their forum has extensive info on the Sprag and includes instructions on how to repair them and where to get some of the smaller parts so I thought in might help if I knew what Ducati models used the same sprag as my GG. Also, they indicate that the KTM also uses the same as some of their Ducati sprags.

I already have a replacement flywheel and sprag for my failed unit but, I would like to take the old one apart when my puller comes in.

I'm sure I can find this info out from the KTM and or Ducati sites but it would be a lot quicker if anyone here knew the answer.

Tony

Old 01-30-2011, 06:25 PM

I think you will find this is an OEM part supplied by a different branch of the Ducati company. If you check out:
http://www.ducatienergia.it/staging/...ternatori.html
and download the pdf under battery recharging systems you will find in that document an item described as "3 phase generator for enduro application". I think this or a version of it is the one used by GG. You may be able to find out which other makes (if any) use this system from it's description. I assume the sprag clutch bolts to the 6 holes on the back of the flywheel shown in the picture?
Hope this helps?
Old 01-31-2011, 11:16 AM

@ Qui-gon

Thanks so much.
Even if there is no further interest in this topic, I will pursue it and other models
that use the same sprag. So far I did find out that the outer spring is avail from NAPA in one of their kits for $10.
I will repost when I have additional info.

Tony