Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:14 PM

Default 2011 jetting

A very friendly guy here ( thanks you know who) has given me some recommendations on jetting for my bike. I always like to here what others do, plus he had a 300 not a 250 and I'm at sea level and it's warmer here. Any thoughts? I was told to try,
38 pilot
175 main
n3eh needle 3rd clip

Old 01-19-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemoto View Post
A very friendly guy here ( thanks you know who) has given me some recommendations on jetting for my bike. I always like to here what others do, plus he had a 300 not a 250 and I'm at sea level and it's warmer here. Any thoughts? I was told to try,
38 pilot
175 main
n3eh needle 3rd clip
That's currently where I'm at with the main and pilot. I'm at 500 feet and it's anywhere from 40 to 60 degrees lately. I'm still running the stock needle at clip #2, but I've got the JD kit needles to try next time I get to ride.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
38 pilot
175 main
n3eh needle 3rd clip
Mike: For clarity, you have the Air Striker II carb correct (cap attached with two or three screws)? I have decent jetting specs for a 2010 250, but it used the older style screwed-on round cap.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 01-19-2011, 03:01 PM

Yes new carb
Old 01-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Site Sponsor

2011 XC250-e, elevation 4500 to 5000. temp. 35-40+ f.
main jet 175
pilot jet 40
needle n8rh, 3rd clip

Ran great, idled good. Stayed running going down steep hills. Eng. would lug down to nothing and not stall. You could deffinately tell the difference between the rain mode and the sun mode. This bike is awesome! I am not just saying that because I'm a dealer either. Ha! This is by far the best bike I have ever rode in the woods. We have really rocky, steep, technical terain and this bike acted like thats just what it was made for. I realize the 300 is probably the more preferred of the 2 but I am a small guy and I think the 250 has plenty of power for me.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco View Post
2011 XC250-e, elevation 4500 to 5000. temp. 35-40+ f.
main jet 175
pilot jet 40
needle n8rh, 3rd clip

Ran great, idled good. Stayed running going down steep hills. Eng. would lug down to nothing and not stall. You could deffinately tell the difference between the rain mode and the sun mode. This bike is awesome! I am not just saying that because I'm a dealer either. Ha! This is by far the best bike I have ever rode in the woods. We have really rocky, steep, technical terain and this bike acted like thats just what it was made for. I realize the 300 is probably the more preferred of the 2 but I am a small guy and I think the 250 has plenty of power for me.
I knew a Gas Gas would make you smile Ross. So long YZ, hello XC!

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
38 pilot
175 main
n3eh needle 3rd clip
Looks like an ideal starting point..

You'll know where to go once you start it and ride it. Listen to the engine, feel its response, do a few plug chops.

Burbly carry on with blooms of smoke is generally rich. Lean it out until a point where you feel comfy and then plug chop to confirm you're not too lean. If you're concerned move it one richer just to be safe.

I'm using n3eg on top clip with a 38 pilot and 175 main (new style carb) - Check 2 stroke carb section for more info.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:16 PM

Hi,
So I am getting my 2011 ec300 set up. I live in SW Colorado. In the winter we ride in New Mexico/ Utah at 4000-7500'. In the summer we ride locally at 7500-12500'. This is my 1st 2t and I don't have any real experience with carbs.

So I have gotten it out a bit, despite the snow and mud. Overall, it runs well, and is an amazing machine. It seems to be using a ton of fuel (poor gas mileage). This is my big concern as usually when we go out, we go big.

the dealer set up the jetting as follows:
n1ef at #2
Piolt jet: 38
Main jet: 165
Slide cutaway 6.5

I will be heading to Las Vegas in 2 weeks for some riding. The bike is running well enough not to mess with a ton of stuf, but I am concerned about the gas mileage. We will be doing some big rides. Folks there have 4 gallon tanks. I can only carry so much in my back pack...

Thanks for the help, don't mean to hijack the tread; but it seemed current and relevant enough to not post a new thread/same topic. I am happy to just work with the local dealer in Farmington, NM. He rides the same bike and this is how he set it up. It does not seem like many people here like the n1ef needle for much of anything though.