Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Riding Techniques & Training

Riding Techniques & Training Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Getting in shape

So at the start of this year, I decided it was time for a life change. Eat healthier and exercise regularly. I am at the point, where I don't want to think that I am over 50% thru life. I want to Still have over 50% left.

Been going to the gym, and decided to race mountain bike XC series. Well after the 1st race- I was hurting. At that point I had been going to the gym for about a month. So I just continued hitting the gym. Last week, I went riding the 300 for the first time this year.

I felt good, didn't get tired like I used to. It made a huge difference in how hard I could ride, and for how long. When we were done- I was fine, not tired. I could have kept riding. That was what I hoped for, and its working. I have a long way to go, and the hardest part is making it a permanent part of my day to day activities.

So today, I had my second mountain bike race. (Port gamble) Heavy rain, greasy thick mud. And it started with 2 miles of uphill doubletrack. Followed by muddy, tight singletrack. I finished, and I didn't feel beat. Right now 5 hrs later-still ok. More to come-looking forward to the D100,and some other offroad endurance races to try out on the 300.

Last edited by adv rider; 03-16-2014 at 09:20 PM. Reason: thoughts