Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:52 PM

Default 2014 XC300E limp shifter

A friend's 2014 XC300 e-start with 15 hours on it is experiencing limp shifter issues (cue ED jokes). It seems that a spring or return mechanism isn't returning the shift lever to center/level in any gear... it shifts and engages all gears correctly, but the lever returns to the depressed position (like your foot is on it after shifting to first).

Is this a known issue with '14 model year? Is this a failed/broken spring accessible through clutch side, or is this a case-splitting transmission repair scenario?

We've been unable to locate a parts schematic for this bike - anyone have a .pdf or link handy?

Many Thanks from the beach

Old 03-24-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmanseth View Post
A friend's 2014 XC300 e-start with 15 hours on it is experiencing limp shifter issues (cue ED jokes). It seems that a spring or return mechanism isn't returning the shift lever to center/level in any gear... it shifts and engages all gears correctly, but the lever returns to the depressed position (like your foot is on it after shifting to first).

Is this a known issue with '14 model year? Is this a failed/broken spring accessible through clutch side, or is this a case-splitting transmission repair scenario?

We've been unable to locate a parts schematic for this bike - anyone have a .pdf or link handy?

Many Thanks from the beach
More than likely its the selector spring #19 in the fich it can be changed with just the clutch side cover removed did mine alone (03 MC 250) but another set of hands is vary helpful. If I remember correctly you have to kind of "unspring it" if that makes since it is vary easy.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....%20SHIFT%20CAM

Go to the 4th post it has a pic that I used to get mine in.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...shifter+spring

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280