Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:05 PM

Default Snow Run Enduro

I seen a good amount of spanish steel at the start,I was checking boxes.How did you finish,how was the ride and how did your GGs perform?

Old 02-10-2008, 05:11 PM

my 300 performed beautifully,started row 6 and made short work of a messy course,very wet with not too much snow on the ground,lost my footpeg around the 11mile mark,had to ride one footed till gas(25 mile mark) lost some precious time there,put on a replacement peg and used a handguard end bolt and a lock nut,no spring,but it held up fine,and was so pissed about the peg,I was flying through the second half,ended up dropping 24 points losing A-hipoint by emergency seconds(about 45)but ended up 1st A Heavy,as hi-point came out of my class,Grand Champion dropped 12 for the O/A Im pretty sure I finished 8th O/A!! great start for me this year
Old 02-10-2008, 09:23 PM

My '03 300 was great, as it always is. I, however, was not. LOL !
It was great to put in a full day though. This winter has been soooo slow.
I really feel my age when I'm not riding...and on Mondays after I ride.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:55 PM

My gasser was great. I had a blast in the snow and mud. little sore today but not too bad. I ended up with a 4th in my stacked class. The B-HP was a 32 and I ended up with a 5th in the B class with a 35. Over all I feel pretty good for not riding since the end of the season.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Congrats guys.

I chose to go skiing instead! Did anyone get hit by that snow squall?
Old 02-12-2008, 02:42 PM

it was flurrying at the start and then changed to drizzle till almost gas,turned to rain and poured as I was coming down the road going to the gas stop,then changed to all snow and then got very windy and chilly for the rest of the ride,heres a picture of me going through a small hole,if you look close enough the footpeg is gone baby gone!
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Orde...9000146&po=146
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Orde...08E010003&po=3
Old 02-19-2008, 12:28 PM

You guys had a much better day than I did. Just after the start it started raining while going down the first road section. Hippo-hands are great for cold weather, but when they get wet and soggy they're useless. Being wet and cold meant a slow start for me, dropping 6 points in the first test section.

In one of the off-road transfer sections, I tagged a tree and went over the bars. Felt some pain in my side, but it wasn't enough to make me stop. Started getting into a groove in the second test section until I got to the spot where everyone was stuck. While navigating around all the half-buried bikes and crashed riders the front wheel got stuck in a deep rut. Spent a ton of energy lifting the bike out. Tried making up some of my lost time, but tagged a rock with my foot breaking a toe. Perhaps it's time for new boots, no?

My bike was idiling way high, so I spent a few minutes at the gas stop readjusting the idle speed before heading back out. Hit the third test section and started getting into a good groove. Around mile 50, going through some nasty terrain, the bike made a strange noise and died. Tried to re-light the motor, but all it did was make a strange noise. My buddy pulled up and asked what was wrong with my seat. Turns out the subframe snapped in two places. The carburetor boot pulled back from the reed block which meant no air-fuel was entering the motor. Broke open the fanny-pack and with the help of two magical zip-ties I managed to redneck-engineer it back together.

By now I was way late and didn't feel like going another 8-miles on the pegs to the next check. I figured since there were only 12 check boxes on the scorecard and that six of them were filled, I'd at least made half the checks... wrong! That only added insult to riding 10-miles back on the road soaking wet in temperatures just above freezing, for a solid lock on last place in B-Senior. At least my Trellies don't look too bad and the bike should be back together before my body heals.

Hopefully I can make it to the Tri-State in May. Being on Mother's Day and a week before the Black Fly (CATRA) H/S (I volunteered to trail boss this year) might make getting a kitchen pass next to impossible.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:38 PM

Sorry you had such a tough day but...thanks !
I think I would have been last-place B-Senior if it weren't for you. LOL !
Old 02-19-2008, 02:00 PM

holy cow bill glad your ok,it sounds like you didnt pre-enter,as there were no stoppers up front,we started on row 6,and only three guys got by me in the morning,brooks,jay W. and neil D. after gas, Brooks,Jay W. and pete T. snuck by me and I chased them to the end,
Old 02-19-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
Sorry you had such a tough day but...thanks !
I think I would have been last-place B-Senior if it weren't for you. LOL !
I was catching up to you, yellow 300 with VT plate, when my bike quit.

Pre-enter... what's that??? Actually I waited too late before deciding to go (translation: I submitted my request for a kitchen pass too late).

You guys should come race the Black Fly H/S on 5/18. It'll be the most fun you can have with your pants on... that day. There may even be an adult-beverage or six for members of the Gasser crew.