Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:17 AM

Default Buggered Hub

While replacing my rear wheel bearings I have encountered a problem. The shoulder for the inner bearing on the sprocket side is deformed. During install of the bearing I noticed a little groove about 1/2 way down the area the bearing sits in. When putting the bearing in it goes in straight for a bit then the one side wants to dive into that little groove causing one side of the bearing to dive down further than the other. I am hesitant to force the bearing in for fear of further damage. Any suggestions? On my 99 the outer bearing on the spocket side had spun prior to me buying it and I had it shimmed for years. I never liked that setup but it worked and some shims were much cheaper that a new hub. Any help would be appriciated.

Paul B

I think the best solution would be to buy a new 300 from Tasky's down the street, I am only a winning lottery ticket away from a new bike!

Old 03-26-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post

I am only a winning lottery ticket away from a new bike!
Me to and my first Gas Gas

Skidad in MA