Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
I must be lucky. My Lectron came to me set up for Phoenix at 2,000 feet and 100F. All I had to do was lean the PowerJet a half turn and I was ready to go.

The test will be our first race in October which will be at 5,500 feet near Tuba City, Arizona on Navajo land.

If I find M-Rod adjustments problematic, I might consider adding that airscrew. I'm guessing I won't have an issue.

I haven't even had to think about opening up the Lectron and fidgeting with the factory-set 49mm of metering rod. Given that all the rest are up at 50-51mm, I'm wondering if I'll have to richen it up for our frigid 55-degree winters ?
How can you know its the best it can be if you havent changed anything yet Its that sort of behaviour that keeps getting me in trouble.

Given a quarter turn is around .25mm and is a noticable change in fuelling you might find you don't need to do much and it'll simply wow you more as it cools off I think I ended up at 50.25mm from memory with the 3-1 MR (I'd have to double check the rod).

Another thing to note is that its likely that we're all using different fuels, at varying ratios too. Just like always you can never really side by side one persons setting to anothers.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:04 AM

Yep. Arizona 91 Octane at 50:1 with Maxima.

I also have the 36mm Lectron with the MotoSportz cut. So, if I am comparing 51mm in a 38mm Lectron, who knows?

No tweaking and I've yet to do a plug chop. Not like me to avoid data points.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:42 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
How can you know its the best it can be if you havent changed anything yet Its that sort of behaviour that keeps getting me in trouble.
I ordered my Lectron. Explained what bike, temperatures and elevation I ride at. Received it. Mounted it. Kicked the bike into life. Went riding.

Now, 10 hours of riding later, I have still not adjusted a thing on it. I have checked the plug, and it looks like it should.
Of course I don't know if the carb could have been better adjusted, as I haven't tried to change anything

Normally, I would try to adjust it. I'm the type of person who needs to understand how things work and usually like to modify (as in my KYB revalving thread).
OTOH, sometimes I just need something simple that just works, as I need to go riding / racing instead of wrenching. I feel the Lectron is such a thing.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 09-06-2013, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
I ordered my Lectron. Explained what bike, temperatures and elevation I ride at. Received it. Mounted it. Kicked the bike into life. Went riding.

Now, 10 hours of riding later, I have still not adjusted a thing on it. I have checked the plug, and it looks like it should.
Of course I don't know if the carb could have been better adjusted, as I haven't tried to change anything

Normally, I would try to adjust it. I'm the type of person who needs to understand how things work and usually like to modify (as in my KYB revalving thread).
OTOH, sometimes I just need something simple that just works, as I need to go riding / racing instead of wrenching. I feel the Lectron is such a thing.
I do agree. My Lectron setup took all of half a ride to test a 1/4 turn leaner, a 1/4 turn richer and find that the sweet spot actually fell between 2 adjustments. In terms of simplicity and ease of tuning, this carb offers it. Of course for the sake of experience I continued to test the adjustments back to back over a couple of rides in varying conditions/terrain, but ultimately continued to end up in the same place.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:44 PM

Pulled my new plug after my last ride.

I was a bit nervous that the color would not be to my likings, but not too bad.

If anything it may be a bit lean.....???

Old 09-10-2013, 05:57 PM

Looks about perfect for a Lectron. Mine always looks lean too even when it is not. I think the higher atomization makes them look / burn cleaner which is also why people can get 3-6 MPG more and more power.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motosportz View Post
Looks about perfect for a Lectron. Mine always looks lean too even when it is not. I think the higher atomization makes them look / burn cleaner which is also why people can get 3-6 MPG more and more power.
Thanks Kelly for the feedback - greatly appreciated !!

So I guess my Lectron is now "Broke-in" and ready to RIP!!!!

BRAPPPPP
Old 09-10-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
Thanks Kelly for the feedback - greatly appreciated !!

So I guess my Lectron is now "Broke-in" and ready to RIP!!!!

BRAPPPPP
No break in time with Lectron.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motosportz View Post
No break in time with Lectron.
I know I was just throwing a little jab / joke in there.....
Old 09-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
I know I was just throwing a little jab / joke in there.....

All looks good Stu. Was that a plug chop at WOT or just a general plug inspection? Oils and fuels used always vary the look of the plug a bit too. As long as its pulling strong and clean its good!