Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 09-15-2018, 08:20 PM

Default 2018 300 is awesome

the 2108 300 suspension is one of the best suspended bikes I have owned straight out of the box. The motor could use a little more low end power, but a S-3 head helped. I will be riding this bike in the woods and just scream to myself ," god i love this motorcycle"! The bike handles great, is predictable, goes where i want it to, and just feels natural. Kudos's to GAS GAS for making such a great bike. I had a Beta 300 race before this bike and it terrified me every time I rode it.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martg View Post
the 2108 300 suspension is one of the best suspended bikes I have owned straight out of the box. The motor could use a little more low end power, but a S-3 head helped. I will be riding this bike in the woods and just scream to myself ," god i love this motorcycle"! The bike handles great, is predictable, goes where i want it to, and just feels natural. Kudos's to GAS GAS for making such a great bike. I had a Beta 300 race before this bike and it terrified me every time I rode it.

Bike has PLENTY of low end. The stock needle just robs it all. Do some jetting work and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2018, 06:12 AM

What about the beta scared you?
How is the power and torque comparison?
How do the ergonomics compare?
Is the heavier GG noticeable compared to beta?

99% sure I?m buying an XC300 this weekend after trying to decide between it and a 300 RR. Just trying to find more opinions
Old 09-17-2018, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
Bike has PLENTY of low end. The stock needle just robs it all. Do some jetting work and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you jet with? Looking at JD kit.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Power scares no one! It can though!!

Unpredictability is the root of fear. If you can learn to predict how something will react under certain conditions you can learn to manage the behaviour. If you can't you just clench your glutes and hope for the best!

I'd suspect the suspension would be the main cause for the fear.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:22 PM

The Beta suspension in my opinion is not on the same level as the GAS GAS, it is harsh and sticky in the mid-stroke and not as forgiving as the Gas Gas. The Beta motor seemed to be geared a little lower and after installing the high compression head had a little better low end power, but did not rev out as far as the gas-gas. The Gas Gas has more of a felling of on the bike where the Beta has the feeling of in the bike. I have the Beta 300 jetting in the bike and it feels very clean from bottom to top. I have not tried the Yamaha yz jetting yet but plan on it soon.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:25 PM

I feel the Gas Gas feels lighter than the Beta both rolling and lifting on the stand, just my opinion!