Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:36 AM

Like iconic said I would expect the stock clutch to take a massive amount of abuse and handle me needing to slip the clutch when I am 2 gears too high and have messed up my gear selection.

Can you explain too little play? like the clutch is partially engaged all the time? I can't see how I would do that the lever screw adjustment moved the lever in or out but does not affect the hydraulics and the clutch lever moves far enough back the clutch is well pulled in i.e. you can continue pulling it back a long way past the biting point? Is that what you meant?

Like I said I did the same to a KTM200 clutch sadly though the DP relacement for the GG is nearly 2x expensive

I use 10w40 semi synth motor oil and replace regularly - I dont' know if it's worth the cost running specific off road g/box oil which is why i posted up here if other people use 10w40 motor oil and have problems or not?

One more point, the previous owner had a rekluse and replaced to a standard clutch (the original I assume?) before i bought the bike - could anything have been affected? I noticed (99) stamped on the outer alloy basket which i thought odd for a 05 bike? But the clutch only dragged a little when i got the bike and now is really bad with the friction and steels warped - note also there are no alloy (non-friction) plates in my clutch...

'95 ish XR630 (died many times in Oz)

Old 05-17-2008, 10:20 AM

My 03 EC300 had the same problem. I switched to 5w40 synthetic. The clutch still drags a bit when the gearbox is cold. But once its warmed up there is almost zero drag.