Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 12-25-2009, 11:10 PM

Default 01 xc200 fork comp valve broken

Merry Chrismas everyone.
I just put new seals in my forks and found the comp adjuster assembly at the bottom of the fork loose. I consulted the WP assembly manual and attempted to tighten it first with a ratchet which didn't work. So then I tried an impact driver(not the smack-it-with-a-hammer kind). I held the damper rod at an angle to hold the inner part but it wouldn't snug up. It just kept spinning. Using the impact, I broke it at the land where it seats on the copper sealing washer. What can I do now? I took it out and I can see that it wont do it's job with that little lip broken off. Any suggestions for where to get a replacement? used? or cheap Thanks

Old 12-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Site Sponsor

Believe it or not the best resource for WP parts is most likely your local KTM dealer as nobody (at least up until recently unless something has changed) is importing WP parts into the US other than KTM as they use WP suspension products on the bikes.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist
Old 12-29-2009, 02:57 PM

hey thanks for the reply berky boy.
i was hoping to find a used piece for cheap but i guess i'll do what i gotta do. does anyone know, will replacing the o-ring and/or the copper washer aid in getting the comp holder tight? Is it normal to be able to turn the comp holder and tube easily(with a socket) when you've "tightened"it?