Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:25 PM

Thanks guys. Gofasters team made 16th overall and number 1 US club team. Greg Gillian had major clutch issues with his Honda and that stopped us from having a much better overall finish. Max is a young stud and rides very well. He was number 1 c3 USA rider and I was number 2 C3 USA rider. I was 26th in class and Max was 13th. Even at 13th Max only earned a silver. The guy who won our class also overalled the club team scores and was 33rd overall ISDE points finisher. Talk about a fast rider, wow.

It was a tough event for me. I dropped some route points on day 1 due to a check error, got stuck in a huge swamp, and then got pulled over by the police on a road section. I dropped 5 mins on day 1. I was able to stay on time the rest of the week though. On day 3 I lost 10 minutes in the special test due to a very tough hill climb and huge bottleneck. Some riders decided to cut the course instead of climbing the hill while I was stuck 3/4 of the way up and pushing my bike to the top. I was not giving up my position on the hill again and just decided to push. I waited 5 mins for a chance to climb as riders were freaking out and not giving each other a shot. The test should have been thrown out but was not. Other US riders who came in the test behind me used the short cut and were 10 min faster. It took me 18 min and under normal conditions I could do the test in 7 mins.

The rest of the tests and week were OK. There were a few bottlenecks and sections were I got stuck in the tests and had to dig out. We all had issues at one point or another though. So, you just keep plugging along and try keeping moving forward as much as possible.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:59 PM

Congratulations Brent. Well done. Most of us mere mortals can only imagine what it takes to get an ISDE medal. We do know that it's a lot more than just the Finland part, too.
You deserve to be very proud. Thanks for representing the USA and thanks to GoFasters for supporting these guys.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Yes Brent, you have reached a place most of us dream of.
Excellent job.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:49 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Great job! and that's for the updates!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Site Sponsor

Great job Brent, we appreciate your hard work. Congratulations! Thanks to Gofasters for the support also.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Banned

I had no idea there are that many team members from AZ.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Hi Brett,
I do have some $$$ for you to help you pay down that visa card now that you are back home... $250 in the kitty right now...

I would like to make up some coffee cups, etc. to help multiply the money.

Sorry for being behind on this - my wife had a horseback riding accident earlier this summer and it took whatever spare time I had to keep up with things while she recuperated...

My thanks again to Coopernicus and Clay for their very generous donations to support Brent.

jeff
Old 08-31-2011, 11:48 AM

yes was a very tough sixdays, Brent is a hero to finish it.
i managed to finish day 2 but got totally lost in the morning riding on the wrong direction for about 15 minutes to realize i am on the single track that comes back to the last test on the last TC of the day... than another 10 min back got lost again and didn't find the original course...no riders around eventually i found it but lost so much time, started riding like a maniac to make up time....small crash at mid day and broke the radiator...bad luck but that's the ISDE.

end of day was late by 61 minuts and got disqualified...1 minute too much....oh well was a fun experience for 1st ISDE, days 1-2 where the toughest i think, and the mud nothing an israeli can get ready to as we hardly get any rain....

see you in Sardinya 2013 brent

oh and the GasGas 300 EC racing was amazing.
http://www.fullgaz.co.il/galleries/d...al=1187&img=63
Old 08-31-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drorsdd View Post
yes was a very tough sixdays, Brent is a hero to finish it.
i managed to finish day 2 but got totally lost in the morning riding on the wrong direction for about 15 minutes to realize i am on the single track that comes back to the last test on the last TC of the day... than another 10 min back got lost again and didn't find the original course...no riders around eventually i found it but lost so much time, started riding like a maniac to make up time....small crash at mid day and broke the radiator...bad luck but that's the ISDE.

end of day was late by 61 minuts and got disqualified...1 minute too much....oh well was a fun experience for 1st ISDE, days 1-2 where the toughest i think, and the mud nothing an israeli can get ready to as we hardly get any rain....

see you in Sardinya 2013 brent

oh and the GasGas 300 EC racing was amazing.
I was at Ravijoki service at day 1 and 2. I think those pics are taken there? Hopefully you are satisfied to our serviceteams work.

Timo,
Mad Crock Gas Gas Team Finland

www.gasgasteam.fi/timo-tuomainen

When it hurts you know you're allive!

Gas Gas EC 300 Factory Racing 2012
- Ohlins TTX both front and rear
- Rekluse Core EXP 2.0 + Rekluse clutch basket
- Scalvini full exhaust system
- S3 Head
- Trusty adjustable PV cover

That was ultimate setup for me...
Now trying something else for a while...