Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Gosh I'm frustrated...

2001 ec200...East TN (~1000 feet) cannot get this thing jetted. Got the LTR kit:178 main, 48 slow, needle in center. Still can't pop wheelies and when you open the throttle, like when climbing a steep hill, it takes so long for the power to build-it almost feels like it is going to die and then out of nowhere it rips like hell. The pipe still drools (a little) and the plug was a little black. Are these settings in the ball park? What gives? I am losing my mind.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:48 PM

Have you checked the reeds? How about the float level? Does it have a fresh plug?

Paul B
Old 10-07-2007, 10:39 AM

I don't know how to check the reeds, or what the float level should be (not in my manual), but it's got a new plug. It wasn't this bad until after I rejetted it. Where can I find specs for the float level?
Old 10-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Here's the link on how to set your float level..

http://www.dirtridersinternational.c...?TOPIC_ID=2292
Old 10-07-2007, 09:20 PM

if your at 1000 ft, i think your a bit rich in all your curcuits. try a 175 main and a 42 pilot and see what happens. what does your plug look like? these bikes will run rich/blubber without fouling a plug like a jap bike does.from the way you describe your symptoms,your to rich.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:28 PM

This completely defeats the point of me purchasing the LTR jetting kit. If what you say is true, why are they sending me this jetting?
Old 10-08-2007, 09:00 PM

Did you adjust your airscrew per LTR's recomendation?

Paul B
Old 10-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelonius View Post
This completely defeats the point of me purchasing the LTR jetting kit. If what you say is true, why are they sending me this jetting?
Good question is'nt it. going by their , ltr's reasoning displacement, elevation ,temp and air density, common sense are of no significance whatsoever.one size fits all, thankyou come again!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

LTR's Jetting kit is not a cure all end all. It is that magic needle that, once you find out the right brass, will make you one happy camper. It's a starting point for where you ride. I have the LTR jetting kit in my 300 and started where you are. I ride in the 500 to 4000 foot level, and my bike runs great from the valley to the peak. I will say it took a while for me to get it right, and I may still fiddle. I'll explain in a minute. Bottom line, you're too rich. Go to that 42, lean the needle out another position, leave the main alone for a while, that probably won't matter unless you are riding on roads wide open all the time. Anyway do all that, but here's the key. Your air screw has a LOT to do with the way the bike runs at low throttle openings.
Now my explanation of my further fiddling. I'm running a 45 right now, and I'm 3 full turns out on my airscrew, which is screwy, but my bike runs AWESOME! It has better throttle response than you can imagine. There is no drool from the silencer, and there's a faint brown ring at the exhaust tip at the end of a ride. That said, I may put in the 42 in search of going to a more standard 1.5 to 2 turns out on the airscrew.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 10-09-2007, 12:12 AM

Thanks for the replies. I am slowly getting a handle on the nuances involved here. Very tricky. I guess I'll keep experimenting until I get it right, or at least ok. When fuel injection becomes the standard and they work out the bugs I will really have an appreciation of it. BTW, if I do get my bike jetted correctly, will I still get a very small amount of spooge coming from the exhaust? Would this not be better than running it slightly lean? Seems like there is a very thin line b/w perfect jetting and sllightly rich or lean.