Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:29 AM

Default Oliver Springs trip questions

Looking to take my son on a trip next week (spring break) and was thinking about going to coal creek area ( 9 hour trip one way ) and what I would LIKE to do is just put the bikes (3) in the back of the truck and lock the bejeebers out of them and stay at a hotel close by.

I am paranoid by nature but am I just asking to get my stuff stolen or if properly locked should I be OK? Whatever trail head etc. I would have a bike still in there for a spare would that be OK?

I have a 24' enclosed but that seems like overkill and it would kill the gas mileage but would be pretty convenient in a lot of ways.

What do you guys think?

Old 03-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I'll keep it short....Put the bikes in the trailer, or roll them into the motel room with you at night and have peace of mind.

I'll never forget at the Sumter Enduro years ago, thieves came into the campground that night and stole bikes that were parked 10 feet away from the owners who were asleep in their tents. They weren't able to steal bikes that were chained together, instead they stole the ICO computers, right off the handlebars.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:41 PM

Make sure your insurance is up to date. I'd take the trailer. Is renting a van an option? Once I met up with a friend for the Roselawn enduro in Indiana. He showed up at the motel (not far from Chicago) with his bike in the back of his truck. I told...no MADE him put his bike in my van. He couldn't understand why. The next moring there was a pimped out Monte Carlo sitting on blocks with all 4 wheels gone! He thanked me...
Old 03-26-2014, 05:47 AM

Fortunately gasser is letting me put the bikes in the garage and he lives in a nice neighborhood. Thanks for the heads up fellas. Would have been a bummer of a trip to lose some stuff.