Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:13 AM

Default GG Bails On Raga

Well that's pretty crappy.

http://www.trialworld.es/noticias/tr...n-equipo-.html

Old 05-26-2015, 11:42 AM

The bank obviously controls where the money is going to now. I wonder if the EWC Team will have similar issues?
Old 05-26-2015, 11:50 AM

I'm bet that anyone that was getting a check, won't be. I'm sure Raga was their top rider, as far as exposure goes.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:51 AM

And what about the US EnduroX ?
Old 05-26-2015, 12:53 PM

GG has thrown him into a big mess!

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar

Last edited by Moto7man; 05-26-2015 at 12:53 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 05-26-2015, 02:39 PM

Here is the latest news via www.AS.com

http://motor.as.com/motor/2015/05/25...90_318567.html

Computer translation.......

"The situation is a drama", summarizes Adam Raga to tell him who has lived in the last days. Gas Gas, the brand that is one of the best in the world in the trial, asked that you come to the official team photo shoot last Tuesday morning, and afternoon, on the other hand, you communicated you by surprise that the world had ended this year for them. Thus, with only a disputed test, that of Japan, where the six-time world champion and current leader of the Championship of Spain, something that is also given for infringing, had been third and fourth. A full-fledged fiasco.

"The problem is that Gas Gas had announced a presuspension of payments, but they claimed that they would go ahead, because they have a number of capitalist partners with money. However, last Monday afternoon runs default and, those same partners who were going to move everything forward, say that it won't be more races." All learns the Ulldecona a day later, already with the morning photo session carried out, no one knows very well why, and the world is upon him: "there is still no official statement, but I already have told me that the team will not go to the race this weekend in the Czech Republic so now my problems are two. On the one hand, leave me a personal position, because I have not paid nothing or very little after the renewal that I signed with them last August. And on the other hand, Gas Gas ran all costs of equipment as backpackers, mechanics or trucks and now I have to find my life to finish the season. "I have to pay myself the rest of the world, which is almost all".

The panorama is discouraging, with the newly torn off season, but Raga are not going to pay: "we will do everything possible. I have two official bikes and replacement material to throw all year, but I have to find sponsors and funding to put together and lead the team. I am likely to do well in the World Cup and I'm going to the national leader. I want to keep winning and hope much at my level." Any help will be well received by the Spanish driver, who estimated that "about 100,000 euros are needed to be able to finish the season". The RFME will help "at expense of the transfer of the motos to the first three races, which are the Czech Republic, Sweden and England and then come to France, United States, Andorra and Jerez".

Raga insists that this sports situation "is a drama even though it knew that the brand was in a difficult situation, because it takes so ten years". And the worst thing is the face that stays one in situations, above all to feel cheated. It is the case of the four-time champion of the world indoor and outdoor Champion: "prior to renew gas Gas, had other offers, but sold me the project well, they were up-to-date with payments and improved me the contract, but now we are so...".

Catalan has every intention of being this weekend in the Czech areas, what would help a lot the arrival of sponsors who help you, because he still believes in itself and not to lose hope: "I am good mood and am motivated to find ways to continue in racing. When you find yourself in a situation as well, you have to struggle to find solutions. And I think I'm going to get. I am 33 years old and, although young, I thought that I would withdraw 30, each year I find myself better and still enjoying the bike up. While that lasts, I will continue to do trial". Hearing him, anyone would say that they have just left in the lurch. Good luck, champion, to see if any sponsor is encouraged.

Original Text-

?La situaci?n es un drama?, resume Adam Raga a la hora de contar lo que ha vivido en los ?ltimos d?as. Gas Gas, la marca con la que es uno de los mejores del mundo en el trial, le pidi? que acudiera a la sesi?n fotogr?fica oficial del equipo el pasado martes por la ma?ana, y por la tarde, en cambio, le comunicaba por sorpresa que el Mundial se hab?a acabado este a?o para ellos. As?, con s?lo una prueba disputada, la de Jap?n, en la que el seis veces campe?n del mundo y actual l?der del campeonato de Espa?a, algo que tambi?n se da por finiquitado, hab?a sido tercero y cuarto. Un fiasco en toda regla.

?El problema es que Gas Gas hab?a anunciado una presuspensi?n de pagos, pero aseguraban que iban a seguir adelante, porque cuentan con una serie de socios capitalistas con dinero. Sin embargo, el pasado lunes por la tarde se ejecuta la suspensi?n de pagos y, esos mismos socios que iban a sacar todo adelante, dicen que no se va m?s a las carreras?. De todo ello se entera el de Ulldecona un d?a despu?s, ya con la sesi?n de fotos matinal llevada a cabo, no se sabe muy bien para qu?, y el mundo se le viene encima: ?A?n no hay un comunicado oficial, pero a m? ya me han dicho que el equipo no va a ir a la carrera de este fin de semana en la Rep?blica Checa, as? que ahora mis problemas son dos. Por un lado, me dejan en una mala posici?n personal, porque no he cobrado nada o muy poquito tras la renovaci?n que firm? con ellos el pasado mes de agosto. Y por otro, Gas Gas corr?a con todos los gastos del equipo, como los mochileros, los mec?nicos o los camiones y ahora tengo que buscarme la vida para acabar la temporada. Me tengo que financiar yo mismo lo que queda de Mundial, que es casi todo?.

El panorama es desalentador, con la temporada reci?n arrancada, pero Raga no se va a rendir: ?Vamos a hacer todo lo que se pueda. Tengo dos motos oficiales y material de recambio para tirar todo el a?o, pero tengo que encontrar patrocinadores y financiaci?n para juntar y llevar al equipo. Estoy con posibilidades de hacerlo bien en el Mundial y voy l?der del Nacional. Quiero seguir ganando y conf?o mucho en mi nivel?. Cualquier ayuda ser? bien recibida por el piloto espa?ol, que calcula que ?hacen falta cerca de 100.000 euros para poder acabar la temporada?. La RFME le va a ayudar ?corriendo con los gastos del traslado de las motos a las tres primeras carreras, que son la Rep?blica Checa, Suecia e Inglaterra y luego vendr?n Francia, Estados Unidos, Andorra y Jerez?.

Raga insiste en que esta situaci?n deportiva ?es un drama por mucho que se supiera que la marca estaba en una situaci?n dif?cil, porque lleva as? diez a?os?. Y lo peor es la cara que se le queda a uno en situaciones as?, sobre todo al sentirse enga?ado. Es el caso del tetracampe?n del mundo indoor y bicampe?n al aire libre: ?Antes de renovar con Gas Gas, ten?a otras ofertas, pero me vendieron bien el proyecto, se pusieron al d?a con los pagos pendientes y me mejoraron el contrato, pero ahora estamos as?.

El catal?n tiene toda la intenci?n de estar este fin de semana en las zonas checas, a lo que ayudar?a much?simo la llegada de patrocinadores que le ayuden, porque ?l sigue creyendo en s? mismo y no pierde la esperanza: ?Yo me encuentro bien de ?nimo y estoy motivado para encontrar la forma de seguir en las carreras. Cuando te encuentras en una situaci?n as?, hay que luchar para encontrar soluciones. Y creo que lo voy a conseguir. Tengo 33 a?os y, aunque de joven pensaba que me retirar?a a los 30, cada a?o me encuentro mejor y sigo disfrutando encima de la moto. Mientras eso dure, seguir? haciendo trial?. Oy?ndole, cualquiera dir?a que le acaban de dejar en la estacada. Buena suerte, campe?n, a ver si se anima alg?n patrocinador.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 05-26-2015, 02:56 PM

This is not good.
Stick with what you are good at and makes you money.
If you want to venture off in new directions, build the capital first.
If you cant do that, then you keep doing what youve been doing.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:12 PM

I was surprised the factory had continued all the race programs including the Dakar with the way they were really. Was pretty crappy to be an assembly worker sent home while race programs continued
Old 05-26-2015, 09:56 PM

Any word on what's happening with the guys in the states?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2015, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Per Cycle News. Geoff Aaron will still receive support for the Enduro X series.

GasGas is cutting costs as part of their restructuring plan.