Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:59 AM

Default 2011 300 gear shifter

I bent my gear shifter last night. Has anyone had success bending these back? I was going to put some heat to it & give it a whack on the anvil but I'm not sure that's the best way to go about it. If it does break does anyone know if a shifter from another brand will fit that I can source easily? Located in Canada.

Thanks!

Old 05-22-2019, 11:44 AM

I would not try and strike the shift lever as aluminum is not very ductile and a sharp blow may crack or break the lever. I would apply heat and use a vice and a short cheater bar or pipe wrench to gently bend the lever. Try and bend in couple/few different areas, so as not to fatigue the metal in one spot. Dont get it too hot, aluminum has a low melting point and you do not want to anneal the metal either.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:47 AM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EMGO-STEEL-...frcectupt=true

These Emgo shift levers are cheap and readily available. It is the stock lever on the '18+ bikes, I believe.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:32 PM

Thanks for the info Jacob. I applied heat with it in the vice & slowly applied pressure, let off, pressure again till it was back to normal. Went out for a ride & all was good

I also ordered on of those replacements you linked just incase. Might be a little weaker than before.
👍