Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 10-28-2010, 08:40 PM

Default National Dual Sport "Hammer Run"

Tri-County Sportsmen Motorcycle Club, KTM National Dual Sport & BMW National Adventure Series event November 6&7 2010, Port Elizabeth, NJ. One of the best Dual Sport events in the country! Street Legal bikes, Adventure/big bike friendly, great mix of trail, great food, giveaways, Sat. night band, and great times.

event preview video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3TFFN39zIs

2011 Beta 400 RR (sorry )
2010 GAS GAS XC 300
2007 KTM 200 XC

Old 10-29-2010, 05:23 AM

I'll be there for one day. Which is the better day with more trail? Last year I heard Sunday. Cruiser will be there too. We should have a good crew to tear it up! Look me up, silver Tundra Crewmax wih trailer.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:33 AM

I will be getting there friday later afternoon to set up my camper and break open a beer.. Last year saturday was longer, but this year both days are about 80-85 ground miles? 30 miles the farthest to a gas stop I believe? I was a blast last year and it was a swamp.. this year no where near that much moisture,, should be great trails!!
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 10-29-2010, 10:28 AM

Craig gets good room deals so we will rough it in the Holiday Inn, I don't feel like dragging my camper down and then three bikes and gear is a problem. I don't care so much about length as quality. They said last year, Sunday had some Greenbrier Enduro sections toward the end of the day. I just don't want to ride a lot asphalt and sand roads with BMW GSs all day. Hoping its more of a trail ride like Hancock.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:41 PM

Default hammer run

Both days will be really similar this year as far as amount of trail and milage is cut down to make both days more enjoyable for everyone...Sat. night has more things going on...give aways, band, etc. The section in the video that I work on is on Sunday...I would come Sat. night early hangout relaxe enjoy the festivaties and ride Sunday.

Thanks guys for the interest.

Rick

2011 Beta 400 RR (sorry )
2010 GAS GAS XC 300
2007 KTM 200 XC
Old 10-29-2010, 06:42 PM

Rick,

That sounds like a plan, thanks.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:47 AM

What an awesome day in the woods! A lot of real nice medium to fast flowing trail, some really fast, with minimal road. Like a fast enduro with no checks. Great time I'll be back next year.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
What an awesome day in the woods! A lot of real nice medium to fast flowing trail, some really fast, with minimal road. Like a fast enduro with no checks. Great time I'll be back next year.
Were you on the bike with the gasgasrider.org sticker on your front fender? Saw the bike at the rider's meeting on Sunday, didn't get a chance to find you.

I was on my yellow '99.

I rode both days, and boy are my arms, legs, and everywhere else feeling it today!

Edit: Forgot to mention, I rode with a guy from Rockaway on an 02 XC250 on Sunday. He saw the gasgasrider.org sticker too, and I told him about the website.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:48 PM

I saw lots of GG's in the woods,, got out after GMP and played catchup all day,, was apparently 5 minutes behind.. Saw a few GG bikes a 250(03?) and a 200 at a fire cut and was told I was only a few minutes behind.. Then I got in the mix with Laferty's crew,, got passed over and over.. man Mikey is fast! May be back on a GasGas by next season if all goes well.. Hammer run is a great event and is already scheduled for the first weekend in Nov next year.. Plan on it next year.. and camping is a must,, bonfire, band and good food.. great weekend put on by a great club..
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 11-08-2010, 08:57 PM

Yes that was me, and I think I saw you a few times. In fact you may have been talking to my nephew on the '01 GasGas XC125 before the start Sunday in the field. That was a great ride, I haven't ridden that fast for that long in awhile. We were just pushing each other for miles, it was just one of those days where it all clicked.

My buddy with the KTM300 is from Rockaway. Do you guys ride up my way?

Edit: We wound up near the start gate after the meeting and beat the crowd. I figured I'd see you Steve after I had those two delays with ignition problems. Once I had the bike figured out I figured I'd just crank it up until I caught up to someone I know. Found my group and we just pinned it all afternoon, got back about 3:15.