Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:08 AM

Problem is not with the people. Your average Chinese citizen has no say in the ways of their govt and its policies. Same was true with Russia (and seems to be heading back that way). I've been to Russia a few times, adopted two kids from there and got to know a lot of people, good people that don't neccessarily support the govt but have little to no voice. The fact is China is on a mission to become the top superpower, and is using any and all means to do so.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:47 PM

Default Copying

Totally off topic but I've always loved military aviation and speaking of the Chinese copying things. I Remember reading stories of the Chinese not being able to get the number of Mig-21's it wanted for its air force. So they made there own copies!...of coarse.

I think the story went...Soviet advisor goes to China to lend a hand and says, "I thought we only sold you 20 of those"? China, "yeah?" "Well I see 40 lined up on that runway." "Oh about that...we don't need yours anymore!"

I know the Soviets were mighty pissed since they did it with out asking and/or paying royalties. I think they call them F-7's and its why you see an insane discrepancy in listed production numbers of Mig-21's. Some people count the Chinese copies some don't. I think they built some under license as well?

2011 Beta 400 RR (sorry )
2010 GAS GAS XC 300
2007 KTM 200 XC
Old 10-11-2012, 02:35 PM

And now they are on a major modernization drive. That new fighter that looks like a copy of our F22 (future orders of ours canceled BTW), carriers, anti-carrier missle system, the list goes on. Once they can project power (with carriers) then we have a problem.

I've been to Russia several times and visited their Air and Space museum in St. Petersburg. Very interesting, you would like it.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
And now they are on a major modernization drive. That new fighter that looks like a copy of our F22 (future orders of ours canceled BTW), carriers, anti-carrier missle system, the list goes on. Once they can project power (with carriers) then we have a problem.

I've been to Russia several times and visited their Air and Space museum in St. Petersburg. Very interesting, you would like it.
Yeah, the gov. would never sell the F-22 to other customers,save for maybe Isreal or some western country that wouldn't/shouldn't buy a eastern fighter, but Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) the F-35 that was the plan. JSF and the F-22 have had to long a gestation period it was bound to happen. The Chinese do have copies of both. The Chinese JSF copy will and is taking orders from the western(American) original. But come on twenty years to get the thing into active duty? Really? JSF finally did some live fire flights of production models in June or July. The Raptor(F-22) finally was handed over in 2006 for active duty. Wow the proto-type fly off between Lockeed-Martin (YF-22) and Northrop-Grumman (YF-23)was in 1990. The YF-22 won and everyone knew the basic shape of the aircraft and they knew the performance parameters laid out in the contract. I played video games flying the thing on Sega Genesis in like 1993. Hopefully they can maintain a technical advantage in there electronic and power plant packages that make them Generation 5 fighters as much as there shape. Ooops thats alot! Yeah

2011 Beta 400 RR (sorry )
2010 GAS GAS XC 300
2007 KTM 200 XC
Old 04-07-2014, 09:24 PM

Cami pulling stong.

http://youtu.be/BmuOV6U5la4
Brasil!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:57 PM

Is that stock? Looks pretty good actually.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:10 AM

Yes, around 30CV Stock
Brasil!