Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:42 AM

Default GasGas Riders Club/GasGasRider.org Meeting

I know I'm kinda new 2 this site, but have you guys ever had an official gathering at one location?

reason I ask is I went to dirt rider.net's gathering (used to be a hot internet site that has since lost it shine) back in 2000. It was held in Oklahoma at Guy Coopers land with MX track & enough woods to hold a team HS/ night time poker runs, etc.
The yr I went there had to be close to 250-350 bikes show and it was a great time with Cooper showing up and other industry guys along with support of venders like Pro Clean1000 (washing bikes for free), Astrik (sp) knee brace give aways, etc etc.

It was a huge ordeal to pull off I'm sure, but each person that went had to pay a fee for camping/weekend fun so I think the expense's were covered.

It would be great to have a yearly USA GasGas gathering...what do you think?

Old 08-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie View Post
I know I'm kinda new 2 this site, but have you guys ever had an official gathering at one location?

reason I ask is I went to dirt rider.net's gathering (used to be a hot internet site that has since lost it shine) back in 2000. It was held in Oklahoma at Guy Coopers land with MX track & enough woods to hold a team HS/ night time poker runs, etc.
The yr I went there had to be close to 250-350 bikes show and it was a great time with Cooper showing up and other industry guys along with support of venders like Pro Clean1000 (washing bikes for free), Astrik (sp) knee brace give aways, etc etc.

It was a huge ordeal to pull off I'm sure, but each person that went had to pay a fee for camping/weekend fun so I think the expense's were covered.

It would be great to have a yearly USA GasGas gathering...what do you think?
A member on here, Dualsport did one last April and held it at Moab. Not sure what the turnout was like? Problem is we Gas Gas riders are spread across the U.S. from Cali to Maine it is difficult to pull off a meet like that and have a huge turnout.

I live in AZ and it's been hard to convince the other members on this board from here to meet. I do see some of them at the races thru out the year. I did ride with one member from here(AZ), but he was WAY above my skill level and I played tag along the entire ride.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:38 AM

wheelie,
I think you are referring to Spodefest. I went to the very first one, which was held in Illinois at Lincoln Trails Motosports park. It was a blast, and I know we had at least one guy come all the way from NY. He actually carried his bike in the back of a compact hatchback car. He had to reassemble it when he got to Spodefest. Pretty cool. It was a big turnout.

I don't know that I would have the time to travel very far though.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:03 PM

Well there is about 4000 members here, if something was really organized and hosted by this site & USA GasGas, Gofasters, etc I wouldn't see why you couldn't draw 100+ GG enthusiast out for a Friday, Sat/depart Sun deal.
You would have to email all 4000 members here, put it out on the websites, maybe the rags would mention it and generate a flyer with details,events,etc.
It would have to be made to be a big deal, not just me & singletracker saying we are meeting up in IL for a ride and everyone invited. This would be more than a ride, it would be the premier offroad gathering in NorthAmerica (get them Cannucks to come also
A site like Casey IL could pull it off with with space and their well respected motocross/GP track & on par harescramble courses that are somewhat a challenge but not overwhelming.
Another place that could pull it off is ABATE of Indiana ground in Bedford IN (Lawerance county recreation park i think) where a GNCC was held this past yr. Both have indoor bathrooms, electric & all the room ya need.

All guys would have to do is take a few days off work to come to a huge GG event...shoot it would be fun
Old 08-18-2012, 06:38 AM

Kinda like the warm wudi? Jim Cook would invite everybody down late winter for a late winter trail ride in the warmer arkansaw area to ride.. I believe it still goes on?? I still have not made it as its quite a haul from Pa.. with fuel prices being what they are..
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 08-18-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
Kinda like the warm wudi? Jim Cook would invite everybody down late winter for a late winter trail ride in the warmer arkansaw area to ride.. I believe it still goes on?? I still have not made it as its quite a haul from Pa.. with fuel prices being what they are..
I live at your half way point and I would love to have someone to go with next year and share expenses. We could also ride here before or after going west if you have the time. The place I ride is at least 100,00 acres and only 25 minutes from the house. Ken Wyatt - Cookeville, TN - 931-498-5113
Old 08-18-2012, 04:45 PM

If it doesn't interfere with my work schedule and wife's schedule I may make the trek. Sharing the trip would help a lot. It's a possibility.
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 08-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Site Sponsor

i know it's not central, but somewhere in the south when its winter and all us up north can't ride might be a good idea......... but that makes for a long drive........

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 08-18-2012, 10:52 PM

Like somewhere in the Carolina's or a bit further south west??
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 08-19-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
Like somewhere in the Carolina's or a bit further south west??
This place is an hour or so East of Atlanta, GA.

http://www.durhamtown.com/