Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 10-14-2014, 02:18 AM

Default Warp 9

I just got a set of warp 9 wheels for my plated 14' 300. They were on sale at my local ktm dealer when looking for a new set of tires and couldn't pass up the deal. Now I can run a duel sport tire for better life on gravel and pavement and have a set for racing.

Even though warp 9 don't advertize for gasgas the shop called and had them make up a set. They came perfectly straight, looked great, heavy duty spokes and rim should take a real punishment. The rear is already drilled for tubliss system, and come with rotors and sprocket size of your choice.

Did a race yesterday with lots of logs and rocks and still look perfect except for a few scratches on the sides, no dents or flat spots yet lol. The stock galfer rotors are definetly better then the rotors that come with the wheels, noticeably more brake pressure needed, but not bad at all. I would definitely recommend them for anybody looking for a spare or replacement.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlystock View Post
I just got a set of warp 9 wheels for my plated 14' 300. They were on sale at my local ktm dealer when looking for a new set of tires and couldn't pass up the deal. Now I can run a duel sport tire for better life on gravel and pavement and have a set for racing.

Even though warp 9 don't advertize for gasgas the shop called and had them make up a set. They came perfectly straight, looked great, heavy duty spokes and rim should take a real punishment. The rear is already drilled for tubliss system, and come with rotors and sprocket size of your choice.

Did a race yesterday with lots of logs and rocks and still look perfect except for a few scratches on the sides, no dents or flat spots yet lol. The stock galfer rotors are definetly better then the rotors that come with the wheels, noticeably more brake pressure needed, but not bad at all. I would definitely recommend them for anybody looking for a spare or replacement.
How about some photos?
Old 10-14-2014, 08:35 AM

We've run Warp 9 racing wheels for several years on our Hondas, even prior to the company helping with my son's racing program (currently on hiatus mostly, due to college). We like 'em. We also use some of their other products (oversized radiators, rim locks, etc.) The people are nice too! Kevin is a pleasure to work with.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:55 PM

I've been running Warp 9 rims for two years now. They have taken a lot of abuse with no problems. I agree with mcnut, Kevin is the man! He will go above and beyond to help you out.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 10-15-2014, 08:33 PM

A couple of pics, sorry took a while to figure out how to upload pics from my phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20141015_18_08_54_Pro.jpg (115.2 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20141015_18_09_07_Pro.jpg (123.7 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20141015_18_09_53_Pro.jpg (123.6 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20141015_18_10_01_Pro.jpg (127.1 KB, 55 views)
Old 10-15-2014, 08:35 PM

If I ever bend the black ones I think I am going to go with the red rims, was too worried the colors would clash when I ordered them.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlystock View Post
A couple of pics, sorry took a while to figure out how to upload pics from my phone.
Those look nice, can I ask what you paid for them?
Old 10-16-2014, 01:17 AM

Just under $700, not cheap but I hate changing tires everytime I want to do some real riding and don't like using up good tires in the fields and roads. My main use for the bike is checking our crops. The insurance company wouldn't let me pass it off as a farm vehicle though lol.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:26 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Warp 9

You need to test those out at the Desert 100, since your right in town.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:53 PM

Oh I will, just did the sticks and stones in st marries Sunday, may try the race in Spokane this Sunday but I hate being in the air so idk how I feel about half the race being on the motocross track.