Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 07-25-2010, 09:59 PM

Default TuBliss Testimonial

Ran the Jack Pine today, woods were tight and nasty, with lots of little stumps just where I wanted to put my tires

Finished the last timed section to find that my rear tire (TuBliss equipped) was flat, flat, flat. The good news was that the tire was still firmly on the rim, and at least I had something to blame my score on ... now to find the problem. No needles or thorns, no sidewall slices.

It turns out that the core of the valve stem on the main (tire) chamber had worked itself ever so slightly loose allowing the tire to go flat - nevertheless the tire was still on the rim and with a tighten of the core and some fresh air the tire assembly is as good as new (and certainly better than the guy with twenty zip tires holding his rear tire to the rim)

Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters

Old 07-26-2010, 12:59 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Do you put slime in your tyre? It helps to seal the system to avoid flats
Old 07-26-2010, 06:07 PM

I raced with mine yesterday and it was great. Air was at 6 PSi just like I had set it weeks ago, so no leaks. The MT16 hooked up good considering the horrendous rain and mud during the event. I'm going to get one for the front and for my other wheel with a trials tire, I'm sold.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:24 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I raced with mine yesterday and it was great. Air was at 6 PSi just like I had set it weeks ago, so no leaks. The MT16 hooked up good considering the horrendous rain and mud during the event. I'm going to get one for the front and for my other wheel with a trials tire, I'm sold.
but i am sure the inner core was not still at 100psi? That is the only pain with using tubliss, (a small negative against huge benefits thought!) is you need to always check that the inner is pumped up properly, usually about 3 pumps on my bicycle foot pump after not riding for a week and it is good to go
Old 07-27-2010, 05:00 AM

It was over 100 PSI, but I used a 12V electric compressor and the gauge may not be as accurate. In any case its fine. I just made up a special filler adapter for the inner core, with a better gauge and a schrader connector with a separate pin depressor (like what is used for shock pressurization) so no air is lost in checking pressure.

These things are great, especially in rock country where all tubes are a liability. One less thing to worry about. No slime here, I can see that being fun at tire change time and in the last few years I have only cut one tire and that was a Michelin X-11 with a very weak sidewall.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
Do you put slime in your tyre? It helps to seal the system to avoid flats
Good thing about tubliss is it does not matter if you get a flat tire you can keep going.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg View Post
Good thing about tubliss is it does not matter if you get a flat tire you can keep going.
Down this side of the world we have some serious thorns, and a bit further north i know guys wh have had a torn actually go through the tyre and puncture the inner core!

The other problem has been rocks cutting the sidewalls (obviously slime will not work here!) so now the local agent is recommending Mitas tyres, and so far so good!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I am also a tubliss convert, one ride so far...and I'm sold.
It was a snap to install... way better than a UHD tube and 2 rim locks.
What I liked is it keeps the water out, I ride in wet conditions and every time I removed the tire it was full of this black sludge...I noticed that my rim was starting to etch in places, which would have started to blister over time.
I plan to get one for the front.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I am also a tubliss convert, one ride so far...and I'm sold.
It was a snap to install... way better than a UHD tube and 2 rim locks.
What I liked is it keeps the water out, I ride in wet conditions and every time I removed the tire it was full of this black sludge...I noticed that my rim was starting to etch in places, which would have started to blister over time.
I plan to get one for the front.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto9 View Post
What I liked is it keeps the water out, I ride in wet conditions and every time I removed the tire it was full of this black sludge...
+1, good point

A mushroom plug for a tubless sport bike radial works good for plugging the unused rimlock hole.