Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2017, 09:39 PM

Default Playing waiting game: GasGas future?

So, I am curious if there are guys who were/are GasGas loyalists who are waiting to see how things go over the next year or two before coming back to the brand?

After owning 4 GasGas over the years are really loving all of them, I am also a reluctant consumer and cannot take risks on purchasing a bike with an unsettled future. I really love what I am seeing with Torrot and the moves they've made have been impressive, especially in their structure here in the U.S.

I bring this up for a couple of reasons.

1) there is no doubt that this site has been quite a bit slower after the bankruptcy and closure and I wonder if folks just left, or are lurking, waiting to see how things work out. Even some of the regulars on this site are pretty quiet.

2) there doesn't seem to be any new GasGas owner's on here. Are the '17's selling, or are potential GasGas owner's waiting for the new '18's?

3) with the $1000 discount, I am tempted to pull the trigger on a new GasGas. It's a monster savings compared to Beta or KTM and I know I'd be getting a solid bike. But, honestly, I'm leary. What if GasGas makes a push in the next couple of years, and it doesn't go well? I'm nervous about that! At the same time, I know it's a solid bike that I'd love and I don't see any big advantage of Beta or KTM and wonder what the new prices will be on the new GasGas.

Anyway, just wondering where other longtime GasGas guys are at?