Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:58 PM

Default Off season antics

Well, my riding season has been over for almost a month (last ride was October 26, 2008), and I've barely been thinking about dirtbikes since then. All that will change in January when I start tearing down bikes to get them ready for the spring, but for now I've already kicked off my snowboard season. Here's a video from Sunday when my roommate and I skinned almost 15km (and nearly 1500m vertical) to get some early season pow turns. We had a bit of a late start so we ended up dropping into our run as the sun set, then skinning 3km with 200-300m vertical gain back around to the ski out to the truck. I was bagged by the end of the day. If I keep this up my cardio is going to be great for 09!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYvzNxaEl9I

Hope everyone is enjoying the fall weather for those lucky enough to ride all year.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:53 PM

I have been setting up rails at the local hill befor it opens and hitting it up. Might have a video later on this week.
Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 07:18 PM

Steve,

Awesome stuff that gets my blood going for some skiing and top it off with some great Allman Brothers music....life is goooood. I'm a total ABB freak

PS...Got the sliencer finally, thanks!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Banned

Speedy. Our season pretty much ended two weeks ago and all I,ve been thinking about is riding, so Ive been in training working out lots in order to be up tight for next years riding season, I just might strap on the boards again and head out with cactusreid, when he gets back home here next week from racing Baja, he was the man back in the day, so I'll be getting schooled.Bye the way I hear Revelstoke rocks.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:42 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Looks like you had a great day! Thanks for sharing the video Steve.

We are racing and riding down here year round. Well those of us who don't mind getting wet.
It has been pretty darn nice weather wise for us down here so far this year. Many areas close or altitude is too high and the trails are under snow so there are less choices for us this time of year though.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!