Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Chile GP WEC

WORLD ENDURO CHAMPIONSHIP

Rodrig Thain races for the podium in the first day of the Chile GP
Also a successful beginning for Danny McCanney with a second place that was almost a victory

Talca, Chile
March 16th 2013

This weekend saw the start of the 2013 Enduro World Championship in the town of Talca, Chile with four Gas Gas riders striving for good results in this first round of the South American tour, which will finish next weekend with the Argentina GP. On Saturday, the first to take to the forests of special tests at Talca, with total of 60 km, was Rodrig Thain. At the handlebars of the Gas Gas EC 300 R, the Frenchman has found the pace right from the first stage by entering the top 5.

The category E3 was one of the most disputed with close times in the time trials for the top five riders. The dry ground caused layers of dust that severely complicated the visibility for all participants, and it caused more than a little scare for Thain. The newly signed Gas Gas rider has fought until the final stage for the third step on the podium, but in the end had to settle for fourth place, although less than a second behind Aigar Leok.

RODRIG THAIN
" Although I was not able to achieve third place today, I'm very happy with how I felt on the bike. The race pace was hard and hot, with dust and all the time I have a good feel for the bike to risk fighting to the finish. Today I could not get the podium, hopefully we can be higher tomorrow."

In the Junior category, young Danny McCanney (EC 300 R) and Diego Rojas (EC 300 R), members of the Gas Gas 'School Champions' project, fought in one of the most hotly contested categories. Danny McCanney, who last week was proclaimed SuperEnduro junior world champion, got a second position despite having a clear chance of winning. McCanney led much of the race but some errors on the final lap gave way to Redondi Giacomo. While local rider, Diego Rojas finishing in fourteenth position in what will be his first full season in the world championship. Meanwhile, Esteban Lanz had to retire in the second stage of the Youth category.

DANNY MCCANNEY
" I think the layout of the special tests are not very difficult, what was really complicated was the dust that was generated by wearing the terrain. I made ​​several mistakes in the enduro test where one of them was a collision with a tree that caused me to fall. Luckily I am well and tomorrow will try to improve in the second."

DIEGO 'TORO' ROJAS
" Today was not a good day for me after I fell trying to gain ground, but the track was already very difficult. After months of training in Spain, I had hoped to have had better times, but I am assured that there will be time to improve".

'07 EC300 sold
'06 EC300 sold
'78 Suzuki RM250C2
'75 Yamaha YZ250B sold