Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa_ndro View Post
Just fitted yesterday - haven't ridden yet, but first impression is that the bike is revving much, much more freely. It is louder, though i wouldnt say a great deal.
I got the Cannon Racecraft 'wild power' no spark arrestor. It is literally half the size of the q stealth.
Just need to re-jet slightly this week. Hopefully have a better idea this weekend.

> got it from Gofasters.
I have ridden the Cannon loud...Ran great but boy was it loud!
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 10-09-2013, 06:58 PM

Haha...we have a saying in Australia - "If it's too loud, you're too old!"
Old 10-21-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa_ndro View Post
Just fitted yesterday - haven't ridden yet, but first impression is that the bike is revving much, much more freely. It is louder, though i wouldnt say a great deal.
I got the Cannon Racecraft 'wild power' no spark arrestor. It is literally half the size of the q stealth.
Just need to re-jet slightly this week. Hopefully have a better idea this weekend.

> got it from Gofasters.
So the new silencer is fantastic...and very loud

Rejetted the 300 to a 175 main, 42 pilot and running a NC3J needle on the 3rd clip, bit smokey, may go to 2nd clip.
This bike no longer has a mid range, it will chug down low then staight onto the pipe.
I can still lug down close to stalling, but in the right gear it will just go straight onto the pipe with a twist and then keep revving way past where the Q Stealth would need a gear change.
Couldn't be happier with the setup, makes the bike very aggressive but predictable, and NO SPOOGE.
Next step : squish adjustment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pipes.JPG (103.7 KB, 72 views)
Old 10-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

How much was it?
Old 08-13-2013, 06:30 PM

Apparently so ...

PlusOnePerformance
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 08-13-2013, 07:02 PM

Me too actually. I happen to run Amsoil at the present but am willing to try new things based on others' positive experience.

PlusOnePerformance
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 08-13-2013, 07:08 PM

Yes. This is all good info.
I myself am a big fan of LeoVince X3 both on performance and size!!!

Currently I am using Motul 800 at 50:1. Plus I buy only Ethanol Free gas at highest octane for my bike / lawnmower / saws.....etc. Some of the Gas out there these days is horrible.

Here is a website to find Pure Gas in your area or the closest to you.
http://pure-gas.org/

Last edited by StuJohnson; 08-13-2013 at 07:10 PM. Reason: add link for pure gas
Old 08-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Me too actually. I happen to run Amsoil at the present but am willing to try new things based on others' positive experience.

PlusOnePerformance
I bought a gallon of Aimsoil Interceptor to try out. I am going to run it on our trip in both bikes. I will let you know how it turns out.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:27 PM

I've been running the interceptor in our two strokes and like it pretty well. I definitely get less spooge on my Gas Gas as a non-aggressive woods rider. When i read about the dominator, it sounded like it was for more aggressive riders that do more frequent rebuilds. I don't like that it's not tinted red, though...I'm kind of forgetful sometimes. I am hardly an oil expert, though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-14-2013, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djroggen View Post
250 and 300 Exhausts are the same. Q-Stealth is easily the best silencer I have used to date. I have tried the Turbine core, which I HATE with a passion. Sooo loud and raspy, sounds like something is broken. I have tried both the Quiet and the Loud Cannon Racecraft silencers. I like the quiet version, but they both seem to increase power and undoubtedly weigh in less than a Q-Stealth. The loud sounds like a 500 2 stroke, I guess I would rather not sound that loud!

The Q-Stealth seems to dull the hit on the bike, yes. I guess I do as much to dull the hit and make the power manageable. I have not yet had a Q become a "spooge" magnet. I would imagine the guys who get all spooged up are running Amsoil Dominator or the like. That oil is meant for a motocross guy who is bouncing off the rev limiter and on the pipe the whole race. Of course when you ride a 300 2 stroke with a high flash point oil in the woods, yeah the silencer will get spooged up. I have seen a few Turbine core silencers with a nasty snot spooge leaking out the back. It may take a bit longer, but it still builds up. I ran nearly 2 seasons 100+ hours on one Q-Stealth with no repack and I can honestly say, that silencer was still quieter than the rest and I appreciated it. It is a long silencer, so yes that can be a detriment. The Q, IMHO is the best out there.

I have never tried the Leo or the Doma. I have seen both and they both looked like a very well built product.

Moral of my story is if you do not want spooge, bounce your bike off the rev limiter when your riding, and that spooge issue will go away! Or maybe buy cheaper/lower flash point oil and that may not be an issue. To all the Amsoil guys out there, I apologize, its a great oil for some applications. For riding in the woods, there are better oils out there.
I have seen my TC2 spooge horrendously on GRO at 50:1 with the stock jetting. Drooling within half an hour of riding.

I'm a big fan of the Amsoil Dominator, and the GRO. Lots of variables at play from jetting to riding style to flash points, fuels, and so on. Personally I've not had any spooge while using the Dominator. I get an oily ring around the back of the pipe and thats it. Quite like the raspy bark of the TC too. The Q Stealth looks like it belongs on a 4 stroke, but I'm sure works just as well as anything else out there.