Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 11-10-2006, 11:31 PM

Hello Tom. I too have the same problem with the crankcase breather hose spewing engine oil into the throttle body. My friends noticed that every time I got on it, it blew smoke out the back. I did a search on crank case breather hose and also noticed that my used xr440 has this same setup.
Replace crankcase hose with longer one and run it up and along upper frame to air filter box and zip tie it inside. Also put a Uni push-in breather filter (UP-123)(washable and oiless) on this end of hose. I plugged the front of throttle body with a vacuum cap. Now with the longer hose and running it up higher and further back, I'm hoping I can eliminate this problem. But if it still happens, I can clean the mess up easily by just opening the side panel. It looks to me that the design was to please the EPA? Now I won't be mixing my gas with oil.
When I went to clean the oil out of my throttle body, I had to dismantle most of subframe and tip it up and zip tie it to handle bars to be able to drain and spray clean with solvent. Must have been 5 different types of fasteners. There was about 1 1/2" of oil in there! I have a few more things to do before I can test my work, so I'll let U know after I ride. Bob

'01 XR440
'09 FZ1

Old 12-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

hi guys. I'm new to the forum as to Gasgas four strokes. Bought a new -05 FSE450 that had been sitting at the dealer's. Got a very nice price.

Anyway, I was going to ride it for the first time today, but it would not start. After jogging the starter motor a serious number of times, it started to pump up crank oil into the airbox. I removed the plug after 20 minutes, and it was clogged, measured 50 kilo-ohms from electrode to ground. I managed to clean it and then it fired up immediately. It ran for 30 sec, then it stopped. After that I failed to start it.

Since it was dark outside I did not notice the oil overflow at first, but it was not just dripping. It must have pumped out half a liter, 1/8 of a gallon. This can't be normal? Have the dealer overfilled it?

flybars: any success with your modification?
Old 12-25-2006, 02:30 PM

bergerhag, I'm sorry to say I don't even have my bike back together yet. I had broke the female connector to tank fuel line when I removed tank. I used a Motion Pro male/female connector in it's place. As I was removing male connector from hose, I pulled up a little on the hose and broke the plastic piece on the other end. Now I need to order it! It is in the low to mid 20's here and the snow is about 14 inches. I now know that plastic parts are very fragile when temps are low. I was hoping to hear more news about the CRD radiator guards advertized to fit the '05 FSE before I put everything back together. I used dialectric grease on every electrical connection I could find. Also I want to send my suspension to LTR and need to remove and ship. U probly won't hear a ride report from me for at least a month or two.
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 12-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Bob, if its the plastic piece at the throttle body, i have them in stock. Its happened more than once. Nick
Old 12-30-2006, 11:05 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks Nick. That is the part I need. Go ahead and mail that part asap. Thanks Bob.
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1