Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 10-20-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Race Tech Suspension????????

I called my local after market shop to order a full set of suspension for my 2003 Gas Gas EC300 and he called Race Tech and they told him that I would have to take off my current suspension and measure it so that they would know what size to send me. This sounded a bit funny. I looked on there web sit and the only Gas Gas they have listed is for 2000 XC300 and a MC250 My weight is 240 without gear I ride mostly woods single track with lots of rock, roots, and gremlins on them. I do not jump big jumps but would like a little help for when the occasional “G” OUT rears it’s ugly head. I am not the fastest guy out there but I can hang with most.

From what I understand Race Tech has a few more options for me then Factory Connections does. I would imagine the one brand is much like the next but I do not deal with this kind of thing every day I would appreciate the help.

Thanks.
Wicitup
Lee,

Old 10-20-2007, 11:24 AM

Send your stuff to Les at LTR and he will send it back ready to go. This is the hot ticket.

Paul B
Old 10-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

You can find LTR at...

www.lt-racing.com

Or you can just give Les a call and talk to him directly at 360-871-2259 (monday-friday). He specializes in gasgas and husqvarna suspension.

He is near seattle, so UPS ground shipping would probably have your stuff to him overnight from idaho.

jeff
Old 10-20-2007, 04:02 PM

Sounds like you may mis-understand the way things are done with suspension now? Back-in-the-day ,you replaced your shock or forks with "aftermarket" parts. Complete assemblies. That's not how it's done now, as all the OEM parts are fully rebuild-able. Wasn't always the case.

So, as mentioned above, you need to contact a reputable susp re-builder and get the correct springs FIRST! Then you can find out what other changes the susp needs. For your size they will likely need re-valved too but you have to start at the beginning. Springs ARE the foundation.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:19 PM

ltr is in your neck of the woods. Call les he will set you up.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Without a doubt, Les is "THE MAN" when it comes to suspension.
Les totally transformed my front forks on my MC250.

I found out the hard way. With those big suspension companies, the person you talk to is not the guy doing the work.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:23 PM

I spoke with Les today and it sure sounds like he has his crap together. I will buy the springs that I need know and when I get the extra $$$ I will have him work his magic on the rest.
Thanks for the help.
Lee,
Old 10-24-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicitup View Post
I spoke with Les today and it sure sounds like he has his crap together. I will buy the springs that I need know and when I get the extra $$$ I will have him work his magic on the rest.
Thanks for the help.
Lee,
Cool beans!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
Without a doubt, Les is "THE MAN" when it comes to suspension.
Les totally transformed my front forks on my MC250.

I found out the hard way. With those big suspension companies, the person you talk to is not the guy doing the work.
Yeah, what he said !!
Old 11-25-2007, 04:55 PM

Default will Les do Honda susp. too ??

I throw rocks at my 99 Honda CR 250, and I use my Gasser to do so.

I bought my EC 250 a little less than two years ago, and the suspension is just great, but I like to get stuff done BEFORE it breaks. Maybe even upgrade a little. I am glad Witicup asked this question.... Now I know who to call to get my Gassers legs rebuilt.

But What about my old Honda (Its my loaner bike) ? I realize that if I were a REAL FRIEND, I would have my pals riding a Gas gas instead. Maybe next year. For now, they will just have to suffer on the Honda.

Last edited by FFRDave; 11-25-2007 at 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling