Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:25 PM

Default New to Gas Gas

Hello everyone,
Just purchased a new 18 ec 300. First time GG owner although I've always wanted one. Just got 2 new dealers in the area. Im looking forward for any set up tips you guys can give me. My other bike is a 17 yz 250fx so im very familiar with kyb, thats probably the main reason i bought the bike. Also just coming off a 17 Beta 300 Race. Anyway excited about the GG and cant wait to her out.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:16 PM

Jetting! Before you even rode it, pitch the stock needle in the trash can. If you want super smooth almost lazy power, get a NEDJ needle. Something with strong bottom and a nice hit that pulls to the moon, get a N3CH needle.

Make sure your dealer has done the CDI update, and changed all the battery cables to the larger gauge wire.

SXS makes a killer skid plate.

Other than that, ride the piss out of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
Jetting! Before you even rode it, pitch the stock needle in the trash can. If you want super smooth almost lazy power, get a NEDJ needle. Something with strong bottom and a nice hit that pulls to the moon, get a N3CH needle.

Make sure your dealer has done the CDI update, and changed all the battery cables to the larger gauge wire.

SXS makes a killer skid plate.

Other than that, ride the piss out of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have those needles, ill give them a try. Got a TMD skid with linkage guard. Pretty happy with that.