Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Mid-West Forum

Old 04-19-2013, 05:27 PM

This aught to be interesting!

Old 04-22-2013, 10:35 AM

Trails were perfect, and DAMN there are some fast +40A guys from Michigan and Illinois. I think the top 8 or so guys in my class raced in the AA class within the last 1-4 years. There is a huge difference between +40A and +40B.

I did pretty well until the last section where I made a couple of costly mistakes. I ended up 17th out of 21 and I could have been about 3 spots higher if I wouldn't have screwed up in the last section. If I would have raced the same class I was in last year(+40B) I would have finished in the top 5. I moved up a class because I won the +40B championship last year and I wanted to challenge myself to get better. Challenge accepted!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:01 AM

Yes, it is pretty humbling moving up from 40+B to 40+A.

What you have in 40A class is the hard core fast guys that either stopped racing for a while and came back (once life settled down) or hard core fast guys that never quit.

9 out of 10 guys on the 40A line will have had a championship of some kind in the past. 5 out of of 10 were AA riders with multiple winning championships coming up through the ranks.
Top it off, 3 out of 10 are from surrounding states to compound the issue and willing to travel..lol.

I raced the 40A in MAXC last yr (until broke the o'le leg bone in half) and was happy when i would crack the top 5. I'm one of the guys that left racing for a while, settled in and came back after 10yrs..lol. With the leg almost healed, I'm about ready to give a go again. If feeling well i should be at Stoney Lonesome HS this weekend as first race back.

Did anyone take pics at Roselawn? Thanks 4 the ride report singletracker
Old 04-22-2013, 11:37 AM

I got 5th in 50+A. I thought I rode faster than that. But at least I'm not hurt. I know several that weren't so lucky.
The dirt was extra-special.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie View Post

Did anyone take pics at Roselawn?
This is the only pic I took on the trail. Section 2 start area.

This was at the Family Enduro on Saturday.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

The weather for the family enduro on Sat was just about perfect! Quite honestly the only mud was on the starting line. I had been waiting for that enduro for many years as it was the first time my 11 and 13 yr old sons and my 14 yr old God son were able to ride an enduro with me! We all had a blast and we are looking forward to the next one.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I raced on Saturday in the trail rider X class. This was my first race ever and I was a bit overwhelmed trying to turn my roll chart keep an eye on my time and watch the trail. The first loop was 12 mph and I did a lot of waiting. The second loop was 18 mph and that was a lot more fun! I did clip a tree and crash which slowed me down 2-3 minutes and stopped to help a man and his son whose spark plug had backed out. The third loop was a blast I just rode and didn't worry about time or the roll chart. I finished 27th out of 79 which I was happy with. Overall the trails where perfect, I met some great people and I had a blast. I don't think I'm ready for 24 mph but I a now hooked.
Custom billet bits