Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:32 PM

Yeah, I've never had issues with breaking the tower - sub mount and I don't run the clamp super tight (it slips). I'm going to try the set screws. The Elka tower is a machined unit (no welds like my BRP one) that comes with set screws. Looks really nice.

I have a drawing done up for a new SUB mount that is lower and farther forward than the BRP unit. It puts the bars just clearing the damper. I'm hoping to get a prototype made in the next month or so. I'll post pictures when I have it done.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:10 PM

I did some measuring today. It seems that the Scotts/BRP tower with its three piece welded design is based on the damper using the standard 40mm link arm. This requires that the pin center be very close to the clamp ring, not allowing a larger stiff tower riser to be used. Longer link arms are available, and it would pay to design around this, as a larger tower can be used, plus forces are less on the tower pin using the longer arm. I guess Scotts designed around the hundreds of standard link arms they had in stock.