Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:22 AM

Angry 200 ec flat spot

hey guys,any tech tips on improving mid range on an o7 ec 200.i rode a ktm 200 and it totally kills it.i love the handling though but when i get to an open rd or long hill the bottum pulls fine but it just flattens out in the middle and rips just past half throttle..i did install the jd jet kit and followed their specs and ended up at the richest setting on the red needle..

Old 05-26-2009, 05:11 PM

On my 200 I used the 2k-2 ignition/stator/flywheel, LTR powervalve cover, messico pipe and LTR jet kit and the bike pulled really hard all the way through the range.

Might be a jetting issue though it you're on the richest needle setting. Maybe change needles? Or at least try leaning it slightly on the needle.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:29 AM
Site Sponsor

fishlegs

I would agree with Speedy that it sounds like you're too rich on the needle height. Being at the end of the needle range (the last top or bottom clip) without resolving jetting issues is not a good thing as the 2nd, 3rd or 4th clip is were you would want to be under normal conditions to give you a little additional adjustment if needed.

Jetting kits (JD and LTR) are usually pretty close unless you have some other issues at this point I'd check to make sure your "Hi - Lo" ignition switch isn't grounded out and you are stuck in the "Lo" setting which could be causing some of the lag as you may be trying to jet around it.

Even if you don't have a "Hi - Lo" ignition switch pull of the seat and disconenct the switch wires at the CDI box. This puts the ignition in the Hi setting.

If you don't have the switch check to see if the two short wires in the CDI harness are not plugged into each other as this does the same thing as having the switch on and puts you in the "Lo " setting.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist