Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:27 PM

Default Pulse charged carb mod for PWK

Has anyone tried one of these on their gasser yet? My buddy is in the process of installing one on his AF500. Seems that people are liking the results.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Jet-In...53186898&rt=nc

Old 06-24-2014, 04:22 AM

exciting. .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2014, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

I've got some stickers here that add at least 10HP on the bum dyno. Special price for you!

I'm off to do some reading, but thinking snake oil.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I've got some stickers here that add at least 10HP on the bum dyno. Special price for you!

I'm off to do some reading, but thinking snake oil.

Cool, do you ship world wide
Old 06-24-2014, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis74 View Post
Cool, do you ship world wide
Pickup only!

Reading some more on the subject it is by no means a new product, or a new concept. Looks to be based on the concept of a boost bottle with a twist, and may have been initially thought up by Eric Gorr (Kinetic Energy Injector). http://www.google.com/patents/US4457267

The theory of it all is sound, but you would imagine if it worked as well in practice as it does in theory that it would be well adopted and implemented by now with many more reviews.

Quoting EG from another thread on another forum, quoted by someone else somewhere else.

Love this post by Eric Gorr. Pretty much sums it up!

"Dear Mace,

A boost bottle is a Helmholtz resonator. It absorbs pressure fluctuations in the intake system caused from the reversal of the air column when the reeds on a two-stroke, or a the intake valve on a four-stroke slam shut. The air column travels backwards through the intake into the carb, where the pressure goes down into the float bowl and causes a fuel surge. On the dyno it looks like a spike going downwards. Yamaha engineers who pioneered the use of the Helmholtz resonator in 1980 called it a "Torque Trough". Rich and I looked at the resonator and thought, "hey, why can't we harness that energy, continue the kinetic energy and redirect it by looping it around with the proper length and timing and re-introduce it to the reed valve without affecting the jetting of the carb". Well it seems like the two 24 year old punks hooked on Jolt Cola were a little smarter than a bunch of middle aged Japanese engineers. In the early 1980s when bikes were really slow and had poorly designed reed valves, the KEI (Kinetic Energy Injector) made a hell of a difference on 250cc bikes. Instead of a Torque Trough, it made a torque spike and you better be squeezing the grips when it hit otherwise you were running after your bike. The honest truth is, it was scary as hell. I've got two broken heels from it. Two-stroke engines have some strange phenomenon acting upon them. Coordinating all those funky waves is the goal of a tuner, but sometimes that can make a messed up powerband that does little more that scare the crap out of the rider. Those middle aged Japanese engineers had the last laugh though. They applied our basic idea into automobiles so they could maximize the intake tuning of mainfolds and ports in four-stroke auto engines. Of course they didn't have a cool name for it like the Kinetic Energy Injector. That name was Jolt Cola induced, among other things."

I've highlighted the parts/variables which I think would be important.