Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYBURNS View Post
Know I didn't run it at this race. GoFasters brought it with them but we decided not to put it in yet. When we get the low end figured out I'll run it but I'm going to wait until then. My guess is that I'll have it in for round 3. Mark tore my motor appart after the race and took it back to send it out. I like my bike perfect and when we figure it out it will be one awesome bike.
Thanks for the info.

keep us updated on the motor mods and the clutch as well. Be nice to see the Pro model available for the GG bikes but as of now no dice.

Do you guys get a practice bike or does it just show up prepped for race days? That would kind of stink IMO. You need to be one with the bike.

Skidad in MA

Old 01-29-2008, 08:40 AM

I have been running the old Z-Start in my other 05 KTM and I loved the clutch. Once I got it set up the way I wanted it I did even know that it was the old Z style. I put the new pro in my 08 KTM and it didn't work as well as my Z style. I sent it back and they made some mods to it but I still like the old setup better. When I get the correct spring and TC ball combination I will let you know. I set mine up to come in right off idle and to clamp hard so that should mean the bigger spring with 3 or 5 TC balls. I may end up having to go with the small spring,1 shim and then try 3 and 5 TC balls. I'm buying a bike to bring home for the NETRA series and will set that one up for NE. When I get it done, anyone who wants to try it out can, just ask. It will be set up with a rekluse and a super soft suspension for the rocks. My riding style is more like a B rider or Senior. So my setup should be great for the average racer or trail rider.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
My riding style is more like a B rider or Senior.
Then how do you get back to the truck 30 min. ahead of me ? lol
Old 01-29-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
Then how do you get back to the truck 30 min. ahead of me ? lol
I take the inside line on every corner so I don't have to travel as far as you do. Then when someone passes me I just go through the woods and come back out on the trail so that I never have to pull over and stop. I guess that it all adds up to 30 minutes.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I have been running the old Z-Start in my other 05 KTM and I loved the clutch. Once I got it set up the way I wanted it I did even know that it was the old Z style. I put the new pro in my 08 KTM and it didn't work as well as my Z style. I sent it back and they made some mods to it but I still like the old setup better. When I get the correct spring and TC ball combination I will let you know. I set mine up to come in right off idle and to clamp hard so that should mean the bigger spring with 3 or 5 TC balls. I may end up having to go with the small spring,1 shim and then try 3 and 5 TC balls. I'm buying a bike to bring home for the NETRA series and will set that one up for NE. When I get it done, anyone who wants to try it out can, just ask. It will be set up with a rekluse and a super soft suspension for the rocks. My riding style is more like a B rider or Senior. So my setup should be great for the average racer or trail rider.
I rode Woodie Cliftons (NETRA SS champ 07) Honda 250X with the standard Z clutch and that thing was dialed. Just super progressive and worked awesome. He's spent allot of time getting it that way I know. I then rode with a Pro model on a 250XCFW that was in it's stock suggested setup and it was far to abrupt, sending me in directions I sometimes didn't want to go. It's since been tuned far different but I haven't ridden it yet. This was my first experience really for an entire day of riding with the auto clutch and I loved it. Took no time to adapt and get the hang of bliping the throttle to control the free wheeling thing when that happened and to not worry about stalling in the rocks was great. I'd love to try your bike whe you have it dialed in.

Skidad in MA
Old 01-29-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
I rode Woodie Cliftons (NETRA SS champ 07) Honda 250X with the standard Z clutch and that thing was dialed. Just super progressive and worked awesome. He's spent allot of time getting it that way I know. I then rode with a Pro model on a 250XCFW that was in it's stock suggested setup and it was far to abrupt, sending me in directions I sometimes didn't want to go. It's since been tuned far different but I haven't ridden it yet. This was my first experience really for an entire day of riding with the auto clutch and I loved it. Took no time to adapt and get the hang of bliping the throttle to control the free wheeling thing when that happened and to not worry about stalling in the rocks was great. I'd love to try your bike whe you have it dialed in.

Skidad in MA
Not a problem at all. I love the rekluse clutches and will always ride with one in NE. Have you tried the trials tire yet with the auto clutch? Dunlop 803 is my favorite. I change them out after every race so if anyone wants to try one ask and I can bring a used one to an enduro.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Not a problem at all. I love the rekluse clutches and will always ride with one in NE. Have you tried the trials tire yet with the auto clutch? Dunlop 803 is my favorite. I change them out after every race so if anyone wants to try one ask and I can bring a used one to an enduro.
I haven't tried the trials tire thing yet. I just ordered a Mitas ET-01 yesterday after reading the many positve reviews of it and GMP said it's really good. After watching Woodie on his other bike, a KTM 200 with the trials tire and auto clutch, go right up stuff I was just sliding sideways on even lugging my motor I was convinced. Here's my plan. Trials tire, auto clutch, G2 throttle cam system and the Nuetech Tubliss system when it's finally out (Feb/March dates now). We'll see at the Tri State how it works. Most likely much better than me if I don't start working out.

Skidad in MA
Old 01-29-2008, 04:23 PM

Billy,

Are you on an '08 200?

Do you run the Trials tire in all NETRA events, or just a select few ?
Old 01-30-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Billy,

Are you on an '08 200?

Do you run the Trials tire in all NETRA events, or just a select few ?
I'm on an 07 as there are no 08 200 in the USA yet. The bikes are basically the same. I ran a trials tire at every enduro last year except the snowrun and Newark. As for the H/S I think that I ran a regular knobby at the snow scramble, and maybe one more, but that was it. I know that I used 19 of them last year out of 26 Netra races. I worked 2, ran 2 snow runs with studs, and missed Catra for an enduro so that would be all races except 2. I

Billy