Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2019, 10:35 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default N1EF w/#9 slide

I understand the lack of love for the stock N1EF needle, it can "blubber" (run rich) at 1/4 throttle or so and then when it cleans out, there is a "hit".

I tried to get rid of the lean spot by going down on the pilot, but then got a hanging idle. Coming down on the main leaves it too lean up top.

This diagram - which was very helpful - showed that at lower throttle openings (excepting the very bottom) the slide cutaway actually has more of an influence than the pilot jet.

Jetting pic.jpg

So I decided to that since I had a #9 slide in my '05 GG I might as well swap it out and give it a try in the 2018 (XC 300). Worked like magic!

FWIW the '05 carb was modified by Ron Black (RB Designs). He put a divider plate in that carb, and sent it back with a #9 slide. So there is some precedence for using the #9 in a 300.

I'm running 38/175/clip #2.

Bottom line -
Someone else needs to try the stock needle with a #9 slide and see if I am just imagining things. IMO this is a really good setup!

Jeff