Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:46 PM

dirty carb ready for a spring clean

Old 03-07-2016, 02:31 PM

well this was a worry! note where the circle is there's a bit of aluminium that's broken away from one of the two "fins" on the air intake side of the carb, I cant see it being a huge issue with the metal not being there but the obvious worry is where's it gone! im sure the bike would of gone BANG if it had worked its way into the cylinder, thing is it could of been like this for years and not been a problem or come off when off the bike at some point. tomorrow I think I will pull the reads out and check into the motor from that side obviously I know its not in the cylinder at the moment as ive just done the top end but I think if its not in the reeds etc I will probably pull the head off just to check!

after that Ive taken the carb to pieces and cleaned thoroughly, it would be ready to go back on other than having to search for the mystery bit of aluminium!

anyway here it is all cleaned up, The old drain hoses looked a mess so ive ordered some red ones that hopefully wont look to glaring!

I also noticed that the needle was not being held in properly by the bolt that had been overtightened and allowed the needle to move up and down about 5 - 10mm so hopefully with the new bolt in there holding the needle as it should there should also be an improvement there
Old 03-08-2016, 07:37 AM

So some good and not so good news today!
firstly, I no metal in reeds, im pretty sure its old damage now as i recall the marks in the carb last time so I reckon I just didnt notice it when the carb came off last time

Did a few fiddly jobs theb popped the exhaust on, filled with coolant and then started her up, yay started easy and then checked the power valve, that seemed to open right up so I was well happy, then noticed coolant dripping, looks like from the front of the head, hopefully its just a case of the oring not sat right and come out of its groove when i put the head on, ran out of time so ill do this 2morrow, then take exhauat back off to put pv cover on and then fingers crossed the bikes then a workint bike again!
Old 03-08-2016, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Before you pull the head right off again have a check around the water inlet T piece. Depending on your hose clamps sometimes it can be beneficial to clamp on a slightly different part of the line. Also the paper gaskets between the inlet and head can break if over torqued, or leak if not snugged up enough.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:38 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Yip what jakobi said.i ruined mine and had to cut another(fiddly)gasket.next time il leave 't' on head and disconnect hoses if theres room to remove head with it on.my leak was at the front of 't' making it hard to see clearly
This gasket is not included in a top end set either
Old 03-09-2016, 03:32 AM

Thanks guys! Looks like it was the T Piece. I dried everything and put some water in and watched closely with my torch! I was lucky enough to have a gasket for it in my top end kit. Just wasnt quite tight enough so nipped it up and so far looks like nothing coming out, ive dried the area again and just going to leave it a few hours to make sure nothing is seeping out then put coolant back in.

nice new shinny tyre arrived today as well. Smells lovely and new!
Old 03-09-2016, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsimon View Post
Thanks guys! Looks like it was the T Piece. I dried everything and put some water in and watched closely with my torch! I was lucky enough to have a gasket for it in my top end kit. Just wasnt quite tight enough so nipped it up and so far looks like nothing coming out, ive dried the area again and just going to leave it a few hours to make sure nothing is seeping out then put coolant back in.

nice new shinny tyre arrived today as well. Smells lovely and new!
Remember to check it again once it comes up to full temp/pressure.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:46 AM

Its only good news this time! Had it running for a while today and no more leaking. I only had a bit of time and the little girl was sleeping so I couldnt go for a ride but I love how easy to start it is now! Just a little poke needed. Ivr adjusted the idle and set the air screw at 1.t turns, cant wait to take it for a spin. The suspension feels much plusher to push on.
Still got to bolt plastics back on and then think about graphics.

ive sorted the rear brake pad issue out. All looking good!
Old 03-10-2016, 01:32 AM

Well I juat had enough money left to cover the new graphics left out of what I had put aside to sort the bike, when I spot an fmf gnarly pipe about 10miles away from me, quick bit of haggling and its mine for a very reasonable price! Quite excited about this, should polish up noce as well!
Old 03-15-2016, 03:22 PM

nothing much to add! New tyre arrived and fitted, bike now ready to ride just need to find time to ride it! Still got a few bits to clean up etc but its nice to have it usable!