Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 04-09-2008, 07:04 AM

Default 450 Cam Timing question

What side of the 3 did you put the #15 pin? for the timing. Since the 13 is on the tooth the pin will be in the valley on either side of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg camtiming-eng.jpg (53.8 KB, 43 views)

Old 04-09-2008, 08:10 AM

Thats Interesting, I've never seen that picture for the came. The manual that i had to work with just said to keep the marks on the cams level with the top edge of the head.

Also John Roski(sp) was the head mechanic for the importer in florida, said these bikes will run with the cam one tooth off in either direction. Not that you want it to be but. This is on my 05 fse.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdfrek View Post
Thats Interesting, I've never seen that picture for the came. The manual that i had to work with just said to keep the marks on the cams level with the top edge of the head.

Also John Roski(sp) was the head mechanic for the importer in florida, said these bikes will run with the cam one tooth off in either direction. Not that you want it to be but. This is on my 05 fse.
Hmm well mine wont run with the #15 pin behind the tooth (toward intake) so it was suggested to move it on the other side toward the exhaust. Its firing out the intake now so I am thinking the cam isnt staying closed long enough. But wanted to check. I will have to check on the marks lining up thing. So your 2 mark is level with the head, on the intake cam, and the 3 is stratight up? Cause if I remember right that is the way mine is. But will double check.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motarded1 View Post
Hmm well mine wont run with the #15 pin behind the tooth (toward intake) so it was suggested to move it on the other side toward the exhaust. Its firing out the intake now so I am thinking the cam isnt staying closed long enough. But wanted to check. I will have to check on the marks lining up thing. So your 2 mark is level with the head, on the intake cam, and the 3 is stratight up? Cause if I remember right that is the way mine is. But will double check.
Oh yeah this is an 03 if it makes a difference, I know the cams changed in 04 or 05..
Old 04-09-2008, 08:57 AM

The 1 and 3 on the one cam and the 2 on the other came are level with the edge of the head when mine is done, according to the manual I have for mine. They don't list any tooth counts or anything.