Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:24 PM

Look into the Idaho City 100 ISDE qualifier. That is one incredible event. The Desert 100 is pretty cool, but that's mostly just the start. The remaining 98 miles of whoops and rocks aren't nearly as much fun.

If you came to the northwest states, you could also come up to BC. The singletrack up here is incredible!

Old 08-29-2010, 04:56 PM

I like the sound of the single track what sort of events are they two day or what sort of distance per day thanks
Old 08-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The Idaho City two day qualifier is ISDE format. It's approximately 120 miles per day. Changes from year to year. Any enduro held in Oregon under OMRA points is ISDE format.
Too bad they're not still holding the Mauna Kea 200 in HI. Bring a trials bike.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 08-29-2010, 07:05 PM

dublin/keg,

For less than $40 you get an AMA number/card online, which is required for a local sanctioned event in the US. Then you might have to get a membership card for the asociation holding the event but its cheap or free and can be done the day of the event. Thats it, no big deal. Our enduro events are run in several formats. You can usually find rule books online for the various associations that will explain everything. This is a big country and there are still plenty of great events to choose from.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keg View Post
G'day, I am coming from Australia mate.

It is much easier to go to the west coast, but the East Coast GNCC's would be a dream come true.

Roostafish, sounds like you have a great setup there on the west though. I might have to start asking the missus of she wants to go to the USA for a holiday.
Coming from oz I'd hit the pacific northwest, both the american and canadian parts ... or hit something in Idaho. never ridden there but its suppose to be very bike friendly ... or at least have a lot of riding.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:00 AM

Thanks very much for all the info lot to think about good to hear the licence is not abig problem i will do some more research on the events the ISDE Qualifiers sound good but i will have to see what classes they run dont want to get in anybodys way as were just riding for fun and i will allso have to check out trying to hire two bikes but if we can we will go we like to do something daft every year this year we were going to mexico but the british teams pulled out so we decided not to go so were keen to do something next year anyway thanks again for your help and if anybody wants to do an event in Ireland give me a shout be glad to help