Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 03-15-2012, 12:49 PM

58, you hope you don't see me on the trail then.

Yeah, it will be a bit rough, but its been fairly dry so hopefully no chewed up mudholes like some wet years.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:40 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
58, you hope you don't see me on the trail then.

Yeah, it will be a bit rough, but its been fairly dry so hopefully no chewed up mudholes like some wet years.
Though I can hold my own in the Nasty rocky Nerta Land, I suck in the tight South Jersey pines. Though you are from north Jersey you ECEA guys seem to glide through the trees.

Stop buy and say hello, Look for my wifes Black BMW 335 parked next to a GG . My buddies are taking my bike down.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:52 AM

Ed,

My local practice and trail riding is nasty, rocky and technical like your NETRA stuff. My only time in the pines is at the few runs I do a year there. What hurts is the rock tuned suspension in the sand, you use it all too fast in the whoops and chop. Too bad the '12 isn't here yet it would likely rock in that stuff with the stock suspension. I actually don't mind the super tight too much, its a great equalizer. I'm having an issue with my left foot, must have tweaked or tore something in it either in the gym or on the trail two weeks ago, not sure. Hope it doesn't become a factor, feels better on the bike with boots and pivot pegs than walking! I'll be in a silver Toyota Tundra Crewmax with a trailer, my GG and a KTM300.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:04 PM

Great event as always by the MMC,great to see alot of riders out there..i saw over 100 on the rows..five guys a row..yikes good numbers for all their hard work,they only killed us later in the day with a very ignorantly tight back to back section without any resets..i was gassed after the first section,but pressed on till the end of the section,some guys were pulled over catching their breath...my auto clutch GG200 ran the balls and i really thought i had an advantage in some sections.
I saw a ton of fellow netra riders and ran into glenn at the hotel and parked pretty close at the start..was also a sight to see jeff melik twisting the throttle on his gasser in those tight trees..i dont know how they ride so fast in such tight woods..i would like to see some of the top pros or WEC guys try to hammer thru that tight stuff..some stuff isnt even bar width! its definetly an art learned..left before scores were posted..but its ok we usually get killed down there,according to my card i dropped a 42.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:47 AM

Kevin, 42 is good for a NETRA guy who hasn't ridden a lot lately! I saw Ed after the race too. I had something let go in my fork early in the day, probably a mid valve face shim or spring. Lost a lot of rebound I couldn't dial back in. Bike wanted to stand up all day in the fire cuts and climb out, wouldn't turn. Made for some epic crashes. Trail was really beat to crap back on 68. That A/B loop was looong, and how about the mini endurocross log section toward the end? At one point I was thinking "why didn't I enter BSSR instead of B250"? Saw more than a few steaming 4strokes, and one guy just trying to walk the last three miles out all pissed off. The vintage bikes and memorabilia were great. Did you meet Penton Sat night at signup?

They had a GNCC in the pines not too far from there a few years back, when Shane Watts was on top. Back then I think the GNCC courses were tighter or at least had some tighter sections. One of the complaints was not the course but all the ticks in the woods! Really freaked some people out.

Oh well, not a great day but a fun day in the woods with good weather. Now some stuff to fix.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I had a great time, though my results did not show, My peers I came down with scored in the high 60's I fell apart at the end of the AB section and came out with an 82. I really like my new 300 but the chasis balence was off for me in the sand.

Kevin, Nice ride and nice to see you back,, Hope to see you for the season,
How about Netra's John Swadowski 11 oa

Glenn Nice to meet you, I saw the guy walking, his bike was back a mile or so before him, was he thinking someone else would get it for him??
Old 03-20-2012, 04:48 PM

that stinks glenn,better than a flat in the first section,i know two netra guys who flatted in the first section..how?

ed..great seeing you again and i will be hitting all the enduros till my knee gives out..count on it,felt good to get back on the bike,my buddy phil took second in A-200 with a 31!! he almost cracked the top 20 O?A in his first sandy lane,course he is 20 years younger than me..and faster!!

j sadowski ripped by me at the end of the back to back section,he was cruising and smashed his foot on a tree...an ecea guy blew past me and caught john..he was even faster,john did well.11th AA is a great ride considering he usually rides all rocks!!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:48 PM

Yeah, how do you get a flat in sand? Must have run very low pressure and pinched on a root. I managed a 78 for the day, must have hit the ground ten times. In one get off I bent my ICO mount and ripped the adjuster knob off of my Scotts damper with my chest protector. Thats racing.

Great to see you guys, glad everyone had fun. I'll try and fit in a NETRA run this year.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I couldn't believe all the guys changing flats at the Hammer Run. I was dumbfounded at what they could have hit. There were no rocks and in my opinion the roots were few and far between too.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Tree huggers with spike sticks?