Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

I got 3rd in the Masters class for the TSCEC series.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh View Post
hey rick we met at the rained out sawmill a year or two back. are you going to do any enduros this year if so lets get on the same line 2 GG's on a line would be pretty cool.
Ohhhhh, man I totally forgot about that, wet, rainy, windy, muddy, nasty, 3.0 hour drive to the sign up tent, only to have to cancelled while in line!
Nice to hear form you again.... Hey, congrads on the class win!

My plan is race some C.C until the Sawmill in April. I am racing a Yamaha 125 in the C.C, not sure what I am going to ride yet for the enduro's, it may be the 2hundo.

I am hoping to get a ICO checkmate () soon, but not sure what bike I am going to install it on, leaning towards the 125, so far it is a kick to ride and race! I have a 3.1 tank on the hook.

I guess i could ride the 2hundo and "key" off you if were on the same minute

But then again, I think I read it is not a timekeeper, so it really will not matter if I don't have all the enduro hardware yet.....

Let's get this figured out and try to get on the same minute, roooooost!

Again, good to hear from ya!

Let's link up sometime and go ride! Braaaaaaaaap!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 01-29-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Glenn,
I raced a cross country a few weeks back and those 50 something's were hauling butt! Not my best outting

Singletracker.....is that based from the AMA's new advancement rule?
I'm not for sure, but I did a little searching on the AMA website a few weeks ago to see how many advancement points I had and I was surprised to see that many of the races that I went to weren't even reported.

They didn't have most of the races that I've been to recorded over the last few years, so I only had 10 points.

Anyway, I was bumped to the "A" class at the end of the 2006 season by the district for HS, but I had serious back problems that made it tough to finish an enduro strong. Since then I've had a couple of surgeries, and have three artificial disks in my back (2 in my back and one in my neck), so I'm stronger now. I decided it's time to go "A" in both series.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 AM

Cool Team flannel 2012

I finished 2nd overall 40+ senior A Enduro district 17 (on my 05' 300 DE)
7th overall A (not alot of participation last year/economy)
more importantly,my son in his first year of "real" Enduro's finished
2nd overall C beginner class district 17 enduro
7th overall C beginner class National enduro promoters group on his 02' XC250
I had a blast watching my son gain confidence and vastly improve his riding skills while gaining a newfound respect for the sacrifices my parents made for me when I started racing back in 81'.
Moto Farm motor and suspension service 309 310 2540 leave a message
www.halls-cycles.com
Old 01-30-2013, 05:55 PM

I have never met Swazi Matt but he's gotta be tough. Elmer Symons was the toughest rider I ever met and he said the Roof was the hardest race he had done. Elmer had done many 24 hr races in the ironman class, got a silver at ISDE, ridden with Malcolm Smith on his secret trails, and wasn't even tired after Last Man Standing in the daytime round. When Elmer said something was tough, it was tough.

My only bragging rights are that I've made some of the toughest trails that most people have ever ridden. I can still ride those trails, but I sure ain't fast at them anymore. Never was fast really. I've finished two long course Enduros, a BJEC enduro at White Rock Ar, and Brockston Bridge in N. Carolina, both were in pouring rain in the winter, on a KLR 650, does that count? The White Rock enduro only had 30 something finishers that year

I've finished dual sport rides with Jim Devereaux. His DS rides end up being tougher than most enduros I've done. I know talking about any dual sport ride sounds lame but you'd just have to do it to understand. It's more survival than anything, with at least 100 miles covered each day. His nickname is Daniel Boone Devro. He's kind of the Arkansas version of Malcolm Smith. He's also the only dead guy I know. Hit a tree and died 3 times at a race but they got him back alive each time. That was about 10 yrs ago and he's still riding. When you ride with Devro you get bragging rights, but then don't mean much to those who haven't ridden with him.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I finished 2nd overall 40+ senior A Enduro district 17 (on my 05' 300 DE)
7th overall A (not alot of participation last year/economy)
more importantly,my son in his first year of "real" Enduro's finished
2nd overall C beginner class district 17 enduro
7th overall C beginner class National enduro promoters group on his 02' XC250
I had a blast watching my son gain confidence and vastly improve his riding skills while gaining a newfound respect for the sacrifices my parents made for me when I started racing back in 81'.
Congratulations! I didn't realize who you were until I saw you pick up your plaque at the banquet. It looks like there'll be a couple of GG's duking it out in the Senior A class one of these days. Maybe not this year though. I'm leaning towards the HS series.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:56 AM

"I've finished two long course Enduros, a BJEC enduro at White Rock Ar, and Brockston Bridge in N. Carolina, both were in pouring rain in the winter, on a KLR 650, does that count?"

Jgas......I'd say that counts double!! Wrestling around that thing has to be tough. Kinda like Scott Summers on the old XR. Hat's off to ya.

I only got a couple events in last year. Got 3rd at the last Mid-South and didn't get to finish the D17 Enduro. (ran senior b)

Going to get a few issues worked out on my back and hope to be out to more events later in the year to represent the brand.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:18 PM

Rick you bet of course i just ride the sawmill as fast as i can the whole time and waiting for the creek run to cool off. Redding Dirt riders is putting on a poker run on the 17th of febuary come on up and it should be a great ride at Gene Chappie OHV where they hold the Shasta Grand Prix.
88 Honda NX 250
Old 01-31-2013, 08:47 PM

Never rode Chappie.....is info on their website? If not drop me a p.m
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 PM
Site Sponsor

3rd place last year in 200C in Missouri Harescramble series, raced 10 races. This year my daughter got married ,kinda used up a lot of my play money but still raced the Leadbelt National Enduro and couple club races and 4 Missouri Harescrambles finishing 10th in C Super Senior.